ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre dilema

2003 1.2 billabong
i have booked in to have a new set of tyres put on the front saturday ( 195/50 r15's )
however i have just read that having different profile sizes on front and back cause the abs problems, im going to replace the rears with 195's aswell but not untill next month.

will i be ok for a month ( ive had no abs for months, only just had n/s driveshaft sorted out and finally got abs back )

Cheers

Steve

RS Clio 182
Iv had 205/45/16s Pilot exaltos on the back and 195/45/16s contisports on the front of my 182 for ages and it doesnt affect a thing..doesnt do anything to the brakes..if your losing your abs is probably a dodgy sensor..

2003 1.2 billabong
aparently having different profiles ( 50 - 55 etc) will cause abs fault if you dont do all 4 as the it senses the weheels spinning at different speeds, ive seen it mentioned on a couple of threads but havent seen a definative answer.

i didnt think it would matter back to front, just if the wheels were different each sode

Sunflower Ph1 172
it's the profile that will cause issues if different one either side. When I picked up my ph1 it had 45 profile on the front and 50 profile on the back before I replaced them. I had no ABS issues.

2003 1.2 billabong
it's the profile that will cause issues if different one either side. When I picked up my ph1 it had 45 profile on the front and 50 profile on the back before I replaced them. I had no ABS issues.

thats what i thought but where i had seen it mentioned just thought i would confirm it to make sure

cheers guys