ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre issue

2003 MR2 Roadster
Hi recently changed from a set of 4 worn Continental tyres. I made the mistake of trying to save some cash so bought 4 new Hancooks (£280).

I am unhappy with the grip these provide and wondered if I would feel the difference if I just swapped the front ones with some quality rubber such as Toyo, Dunlop, Michelin?

Cash is tight around Xmas so would get the back 2 afterwards probably.

safer to put the better tyres on the back (rather than the front) for most people.

how many miles have you done on the new tyres? are they definitely worn in?

2003 MR2 Roadster
I've done approx 800 miles on the new tyres.

So, just confirm...If I only buy 2 top of the range new tyres, is it best to put them on the front or back.

i think there was a thread on here about this recently. basically, it's best practise to be putting the better tyre on the back as the majority of drivers will find it much easier to control understeer (which you're more likely to experience with poor tyres on the front) than oversteer (which you're more likely to experience with poor tyres at the back)

2003 MR2 Roadster
That makes sense.

So, Do I get Michell, Dunlop ,Goodyear, Continental or Pirelli for the back?

I aint sure what to get..Money no object now!!