ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Question

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Hi,

Ive been offered a set of Yokohama S-Drives in 215/45/16. I need to know if these will be ok on my standard rims which are 6.5J size. Currently running Continental SportContact 2 tyres in 195/50/16.

Cheers :D

Andrew

S4 Avant
They'll be too wide I think, no doubt some one will correct me though.

I read some where that 205 was the widest tyre you could get on a 7 inch rim

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Thanks Dave. Anybody else?? I need to give the chap an answer today if at all possible.

Thanks

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
There's a website somewhere online that gives widths of tyres you can run on a rim - min/max/recommended.

My VX220 front wheels are 5.5J and my max is 195/45/17, but recommended is 175 or 185. I've got 195's on there and they're brilliant.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
it will handle like a bar of soap with loads of play in the tyre wall on corners

Great. Ive just sorted the handling out with the lowering springs. So, basically pass on the tyres then, and go with the same again??