ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre size and lowering HELP!!

BG 182 FF
Right here goes !

I am getting some 15" 8J et30 wheels for the clio and need help with tyre sizes... there are so many options that its getting confusing and I would like to get some advice from the CS knowledge bank!

I currently have standard cup packed wheels 205/45/16

my options are for tyre sizes:

205/50/15 or 195/45/15

now the car is currently on prolines but I have coilies waiting to go on in the near future, so I want to be able to lower it without any scrubbing issues but I dont want to slam the car on its ass as I live on a steep hill and roads round here are crap so sensible heights!

this then leads me to my next query, I dont want to drown the rim in tyre to make it look tiny but on the other hand I don't want it to look tiny in the arch!!

Cheers in advance !

sample.jpg

the wheels are AXE ex8

BG 182 FF
I can't help you but I'd love to see pics once fitted :)

Sure thing mate, btw your car is a serious piece of inspiration for this ;) lt j coleman has them on his 5 door daily in gold if you want a sneaky preview, ive wanted these wheels since before i got the clio and have only ever seen them on his! he got them just after i got my clio :(

as regards to the 16's nothing is wrong with them just fancy a change for summer !

Clio with AXE EX8 Grey Purple.jpg

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Sure thing mate, btw your car is a serious piece of inspiration for this ;) lt j coleman has them on his 5 door daily in gold if you want a sneaky preview, ive wanted these wheels since before i got the clio and have only ever seen them on his! he got them just after i got my clio :(

as regards to the 16's nothing is wrong with them just fancy a change for summer !

View attachment 98629

If you get them in a 16 you can just swap tyres..

BG 182 FF
is this a looks thing or a performance thing?

50/50 normal road use only though no track days, spirited drive through local country roads and commuting mainly!
so basically look good and be functional (if thats possible)

whats the pros and cons of either?