ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres 205/45/16

106 GTi
Like everything life you get what you pay for, my new wheels I am getting tomorrow have the Toyos T1R's on, will be changing them asap ...

PE2s are a big step up.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

Attachments

• tyres.JPG
    tyres.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 32
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Like everything life you get what you pay for, my new wheels I am getting tomorrow have the Toyos T1R's on, will be changing them asap ...

PE2s are a big step up.

i know but over 100.00 there a bloody rip off! up to 100.00 there not so bad! :eek:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i never found any diff between avons (above) or M PE2's tbh when i changed

i guess it all depends how much you push it or if you track the car?! there still rated the same V/W so they must be pretty good?!
Just becuase Mr Mich did a deal with Mr Renault and put those tyres on the clio whos to say there any better?! (and im sure at the time Mich were owned by Renault/citreon?)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Of the tyres I've had (pe2's, f1 gsd3's, p zero, toyo t1r's), I prefer the f1's. P zero's aren't bad at all, far better than the toyo's (twitchy and poor progression)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i never found any diff between avons (above) or M PE2's tbh when i changed

i guess it all depends how much you push it or if you track the car?! there still rated the same V/W so they must be pretty good?!
Just becuase Mr Mich did a deal with Mr Renault and put those tyres on the clio whos to say there any better?! (and im sure at the time Mich were owned by Renault/citreon?)
V/W is just the speed rating rusty, not the tyre quality. The 182 was set up using the pe2's. There is a big difference between tyres, go for the one's that people generally get on with (f1's, pe2's etc). Why skimp on tyres, they're the only thing keeping you on the road!

106 GTi
I would get the stick to the PE2s, or get the F1s.

I have the Avon ZV3's on my current wheels so only in 14's so can't do a direct comparison but they are not as good as the Michelins.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
V/W is just the speed rating rusty, not the tyre quality. The 182 was set up using the pe2's. There is a big difference between tyres, go for the one's that people generally get on with (f1's, pe2's etc). Why skimp on tyres, they're the only thing keeping you on the road!

i know its just the rating! but they have to be of a certian quality - as i say renault only put mich tyre on as at the time there were in bed with renault/citroen... i do also like to keep things as they were intended but 100+ is a rip off LOL! :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
I would get the stick to the PE2s, or get the F1s.

I have the Avon ZV3's on my current wheels so only in 14's so can't do a direct comparison but they are not as good as the Michelins.

in what way grip/feel?! :eek: they all wear out to bloody quick imo! (and ive slowed down around corners now im getting older) :eek:

106 GTi
These Avons seem to last well, looking at the receipts on the miles done since the last owner got them fitted. Don't feel as grippy as the Michelins but can't do a direct comparison as we are talking different cars and tyre sizes.

Will be replacing the Toyos with PE2s on my 15s though for sure. Despite the PE2s being 30 quid a tyre more!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
^as above plus shop about. 2 local tyre places near me could get pe2's for closer to £95 fitted. Not a great saving but worth it for pe2's

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've just gone with Eagle F1's on the front in place of Contisports and the ride is a lot better, haven't pushed handling yet.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Just a quick note about the “avons aren’t premium” comments. – maybe not on a clio but they are standard fit on Aston Martin.

And are very popular on performance cars due to there sponsorship of the GT championship.

Imo Renault use Michelin as they are a French company as A.M use Avon for the same reason.