ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

U OK? 172 Cup!

Arctic 182
So I've done it, finally bought a Renaultsport! After what seemed like months of looking & wanting one I picked up a 172 Cup in Mondial Blue last night. It popped up as a result of my wanted thread & was local to me so I went to view it, loved it & that was that! Full 182 interior & all the important bits done.

I could bore you with all the details but I won't waffle on. I just love it, really love it. I've just got to get used to driving this sort of car instead of my old 1.2.

Not that it's in anyway at all bad condition, I just can't wait to put my own stamp on it.
This won't be a massive update thread as I'm not going to pour money into it as it's got the main bits I wanted already, my plans however are;

Full detail in & out. Decon, clay ETC ETC.
Swap over all bulbs in & out from old Clio (nightbreakers, silvervision's ETC)
Aero twins from old Clio
New bullets
Audio upgrade, head unit, speakers & sub (I need my bass!)
Headlight polish at some point but they are fine as they are for now.
Engine bay tidy up, clean, dress & maybe paint.
Remove decat/different exhaust when money allows, as it's a tad loud & I work early/late hours (love it though!).
Maybe RStuner remap in the future.
Thinking about getting the tiny 172 cup badges on the doors but 50/50 at the moment.

So that's about it, all that's left for me to do is thank those of you I have PM'd for advice, asked questions & generally pestered ;)
imprezaworks snowey172 Chi Daniel lewisredfern001 itsjamz (anyone I've forgotten I'm sorry)

Honestly lads, can't thank you enough for your insights, opinions & advice. It's made this whole thing much easier for me. When I finally get my arse in gear & go to a meet, there will be drinks as thanks! No doubt the threads will pop up in future but for the meantime I'm just going to enjoy it :D

Chris.

Only 2 iPhone pics from the petrol station last night but I plan to get a photographer friend to take some good ones after a good detail. Got some good locations in mind down this way too ;)
ta8apajy.jpg
e4enageg.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
No worries at all mate. Hope you enjoy the car and if you need anything you know where I am :)

Arctic 182
Can't quite multi quote on tapatalk so bare with me!
Coby: Thanks mate, no idea at the min lol I think I had it the details but it's escaped me now!
Danman: unfortunately I couldn't afford the extra that included a piper stealth!! Maybe next month!
Daniel; cheers mate!
Dan: Thanks again, appreciate it!
Leeds: as above it's money at the moment & I've had to tighten the old purse strings a bit! It will come though!

Arctic 182
Nice car. If you need any hell I'm only up the road. Nice colour to. What locations you got in mind for pictures I need some nice ones of mines.

Yeah cheers matey, might come your way for install bits lol!

Thinking of outside the Marlowe, the boat yard in Ramsgate marina, I've land I can use in Kingston (rural) & a cherry orchard in Boughton. Think Marlowe & Ramsgate will be a good shout though!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one, enjoy it :)

My 172 had big stupid square tailpipes on it when i got it so i went to my local exhaust place and got him to change it to a single 3" inward rolled pipe.

Made the car look a hundred times better and its cheaper than a new exhaust!

Arctic 182
Nice one, enjoy it :)

My 172 had big stupid square tailpipes on it when i got it so i went to my local exhaust place and got him to change it to a single 3" inward rolled pipe.

Made the car look a hundred times better and its cheaper than a new exhaust!

Thats not a bad idea actually mate. I'll get some quotes & see what happens!

Arctic 182
Looks great mate CONGRATS!

Nice upgrade, enjoy it pal!

Proper enthusiastic opening post... it's nice to see. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on your new car. Enjoy!

Thanks lads, appreciate it! :D

Bit of an update today; Thought if I got up early ish today I could swap some easy bits over & still get some kip as I'm working tonight.

Swapped my silvervision's over & snapped the 'propellor' screw off from behind the brake light, managed to get an orange indicator bulb stuck inside the old clio headlight, took ages to refit my aero twin wipers, couldn't get my nightbreakers out & tried to stick my ClioSport sticker on backwards :(:( bad times

It sounds terrible but I was so stressed & tired I got a massive migraine & couldn't get any sleep! Ah well, tomorrow's another day eh?!

Arctic 182
Couldn't believe my luck, or lack of it! Silvervision's in though, no pics as we've all seen them before :p

Arctic 182
Not much of an update but I spent yesterday cleaning. I'm by no means a detailer but gave it a good going over.
Snow foamed, Iron X, Tardis, Clay Bar, 2BM wash x2, SRP, & 2 coats of Rainforest Rub, sealed with c2v3. Plastics dressed with AF Revive, glass cleaned with AF Crystal.
Interior hoovered & cleaned with Chem Guys Inner Clean & Autoglym interior shampoo. Need some proper tyre shine as I only had the spray stuff.
Quick iPhone pics & I didn't photograph all the stages so apologies. (Will get some interior shots later but we've all seen an RS interior!)

Audio is all in & sorted now, Sony BT head unit, Infinity reference all round & Pioneer 12's for a bit of bass. :D

Waiting for pay day so I can do some other bits. Definitely going to get a cat put on at some point. Need to get a reverse switch sorted as my reverse lights don't work! Also need new door strips & bullets, so I will wait & see if another group buy pops up. I'd ideally like door strips that aren't a matt finish like the current ones so have to keep my eyes peeled.
Anyway thanks for reading!
heharena.jpg
u3uqumaz.jpg
ube8yhev.jpg

Arctic 182
Mondial really is a lovely colour when clean. Even my paltry efforts made it look good!

I love it mate, there was a lovely sparkle in the sun yesterday! I have a couple of stone chips on the bonnet & small scratches up close but not bad for a '52 plate. Would benefit from a DA polish really.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I love it mate, there was a lovely sparkle in the sun yesterday! I have a couple of stone chips on the bonnet & small scratches up close but not bad for a '52 plate. Would benefit from a DA polish really.

I definitely prefer it to say the Arctic Blue on the 182. Looks well mate.

Dont make the mistake I did and sell it!!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
And to think I wanted an Arctic 182 :)

Cheers man, I'll hang onto it for a while yet. Need to do some bits to it but I'll get there!

Thanks mate, hoping I can make a meet in your area soon, not to far from me really!

Yeah pop down to the april meet if u are free. Were a gd bunch and we can get some pics :)

Arctic 182
Little update as of today;

After a short stay in the garage, a new alternator & other bits last week (£250 later...) I've started to crack on with some other bits that I've had on my list.

I've ordered a few bits & pieces from various people on here as well as eBay. Got some nice painted bullets from Phil P17 TOO, an engine cover from James James23, some Mondial pearl side strips from Lee leew88, & a new hazard panel from Chris GCC. Thanks lads, appreciate the speedy deliveries & great service.

Then from eBay I ordered a new interior light (the one with the map light) as my single lens light was piss poor, plus some white LED bulbs & a stainless engine bolt kit.

Just been to scrappy today to get a new door light switch thing that I broke :(

So all the above mentioned parts have been fitted (bar the side strips which will be arriving soon!)

My hazard lights are working fine now, courtesy lights all work fine & the new interior light is great!

I may consider spraying the engine cover blue at some point but want to concentrate (when I'm off & not urgent) on polishing & cleaning the inlet/fuel rail guard just to tidy it up, (tips on removing?!)

Weather permitting snowey172 has kindly offered to take a look at my heat shield & maybe even run a buffer over the car for me on Sunday so can't wait for that cheers mate!!

Just a few pics for now & nothing too special as taken with iPhone. Bonus pics of frozen beading on my roof early Thursday morning after an icy night!!

Cheers for reading,
Chris.
dubagava.jpg
ynu2aqag.jpg
asy6a3et.jpg
va9y5egu.jpg
pe9yra5y.jpg
2yqusapy.jpg

Arctic 182
Another update from me:
Received & fitted my colour coded side strips today (after a wash, polish & wax!) so much happier with how they look. Gave my inlet & paint with some high temp black stuff from Halfrauds, note; I will be going over the 'Renault Sport' with some wet & dry so it's silver words on black. I have a black battery cover on the way also.
Took some pics in the country as well today.

To do next month: 3M headlight kit, new air box & head light bolts, paint engine cover, oil change & may get new plugs whilst I'm at it.

Future plans: Magnecor leads for a bit of colour, re trimmed wheel, & possibly refurb alloys in white. All pics from iPhone unfortunately!
by4esy3u.jpg
y6ara7e7.jpg
unu8yve5.jpg

You can notice the difference between door strips in this one!
e8aqyze9.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Arctic 182
Another small update;
Had Autoglass out to replace the windscreen today as it smashed last week. Stone hit it & then I managed to break the mirror off!

Finally painted my engine cover, it's in Renault 'electric' blue which looked like the best match in Halfrauds! Need to get some replacement air box bolts from Pro Bolt soon & maybe one of those engine dress kits.
As always, apologies for iPhone pics!
Cheers
e3yhyhu4.jpg

Arctic 182
adding some pictures for a member as I can't email that many. A lot of changes but I wont list them all as it isnt a proper update.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1347.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  Arctic 182
more pics as above.

Attachments

• IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1347.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1352.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1355.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 24
  Arctic 182
again.

Attachments

• IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2754.JPG
    IMG_2754.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  Arctic 182
last few now!! can get some more specific ones in the light tomorrow. curb marks on the wheels and the marks in the 182 interior.
engine cover isnt on anymore but still have it. also air box has been replaced by fatty induction kit.
As i said these are purely pics and I can send the advert/spec to anyone that wants it.
thanks.
Cris

Attachments

• IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3017.JPG
    IMG_3017.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8966.JPG
    IMG_8966.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9343.JPG
    IMG_9343.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
  Arctic 182
Lol Dan!! Yeah I'm currently looking for something else & someone wanted pics & I'm a knob who can't attach multiple files in email so did it on here lol.
At least I can give potential buyers the link!!