ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH? ECU?

Clio Sport 172
Can someone explain where the UCH is and what it does/used for? Is the ECU the black metal cased box by the airbox, is this the engine management?

UCH controls electrics like your headlights and indicators and various other things and yeah that black box near your airbox is the ECU.

Can't give a more descriptive response because I'm not really that clued up on it. My car's just had a new UCH fitted.

Clio Sport 172
UCH controls electrics like your headlights and indicators and various other things and yeah that black box near your airbox is the ECU.

Can't give a more descriptive response because I'm not really that clued up on it. My car's just had a new UCH fitted.
why did ynu need a new UCH, what probs was you having? What did it cost for a new one?

My right indicator would never cancel until I indicated left but even then once the stalk flicked back in to the middle it'd start indicating right again. Not certain on this but I think it had something to do with my recent no-starting problem.

It costs quite alot unfortunately as it needs to go to Renault to be done as it needs coding to your car, you'll be looking between £300-400 bill.

Are you having problems with yours?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My right indicator would never cancel until I indicated left but even then once the stalk flicked back in to the middle it'd start indicating right again. Not certain on this but I think it had something to do with my recent no-starting problem.

It costs quite alot unfortunately as it needs to go to Renault to be done as it needs coding to your car, you'll be looking between £300-400 bill.

Are you having problems with yours?

Flol that was hillarious. Glad to see you got it sorted.

Bet you pissed a fair few road users off mind

Clio Sport 172
I am having starting issues, but after fitting a new TDC sensor and batt on weekend and messing around with the car I am putting it down to my key/immob...My key does not always disarm the immob (red light keeps flashing) took it to Reno last year where they recoded the key and cleaned some relays and completely stopped it, but back again now. When I try to start it, I would see the light flash, then knock it off and keep trying until the light stays solid (immob disarmed). But now I wil try and start it and if I get the light flashing I wil continue to start it, it wil have a secnd or 2 delay then start...mad!

Flol that was hillarious. Glad to see you got it sorted.

Bet you pissed a fair few road users off mind

LOL! Can't tell you how many times people flashed their headlights at me, even had people pulling along side me shouting "YOUR INDICATOR IS ON" as if I wouldn't notice the Click..click..click :rolleyes:. In the end I just resorted to pulling the fuse out but that just ended up having people beeping at me rather than flashing me lol

I am having starting issues, but after fitting a new TDC sensor and batt on weekend and messing around with the car I am putting it down to my key/immob...My key does not always disarm the immob (red light keeps flashing) took it to Reno last year where they recoded the key and cleaned some relays and completely stopped it, but back again now. When I try to start it, I would see the light flash, then knock it off and keep trying until the light stays solid (immob disarmed). But now I wil try and start it and if I get the light flashing I wil continue to start it, it wil have a secnd or 2 delay then start...mad!

Hmm, that does sound like an immobiliser issue, I know it sounds daft but have you tried using your spare key if you have one?

Clio Sport 172
Hmm, that does sound like an immobiliser issue, I know it sounds daft but have you tried using your spare key if you have one?
Unfortunately I only have the 1 key, never had a spare when I bought it... Another lump of money needing to be handed over to Reno for a new one..:(