ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

undecided on coilovers

Sunflower 172 :)
i am undecided which coilovers to buy :( i have been looking for a little while now and cant make my mind up between these fk konig sports http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...-172-172-cup-182-fk-konigsport-coilovers.html and these gaz units http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...2-gaz-height-adjustable-gha-coilover-kit.html , i kno somepeople on here wil have these just looking for opinions on ride quality and height as im wanting to go fairly low ( rear wheel nicely into the arch) i have a budget of around 550-650 so other opinions on other brands around this price possibly a tad higher would be appreciated aswell please :) thanks i have a ph1 1 172 btw :) thanks

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have FK Silverline's on mine, which are just basically stainless konig sports I believe, I like them, and they go low enough, as far as I'm aware, GAZ are more of a budget make?

Sunflower 172 :)
Do you have any pics you could post up of yours mate so i could see how it sits please, thanks :)

ph1 track weapon
got the gaz golds on mine, pretty happy with them despite the opinions some people on here have of them.

you could always hold out and wait for some h&r, kw or asts to pop up as they sometimes do for that sorta price

mx5 & 172
I had a set of the GAZ GHA kit custom built (shortened and valved for stupid lowness) for my mx5 (cost about 30 quid extra ) and they're a really good fast road kit with a huge range of adjustment.

The bad rep for corrosion and knocking is from the older design which they've changed. I realise its different for every car but GAZ probably don't deserve the bad rep anymore - especially if you're talking about the golds/gold pros which are a totally different animal from the GHA.

Evo 8 MR
FK Konigsports ftw.

14081010.jpg

14081011.jpg

Evo 8 MR
Yeah and one of the adjuster rings out (both sides though), still another one in there that I can't decide whether I want to remove or not.

There's still loads on the front, it can go silly low it's actually scary.

260% JCW
I had this choice and went for the FK Konigsports, well built and easy to use with the Koni adjustment. I had the Koni adjustables before on eibach sprngs great for road use, not so good on the track so bought these.

On the road set to soft they're great, little body roll. Set to firm though they may be a bit stiff for some ideal for the track though.

I didnt buy them to drop the car low more for track use, but i have tryed it. The fronts will go silly low, so low the drive shafts will rub the chasis and the rears will go fairly low too.

Vw caddy tdi
Eibach prolines and fresh oem shocks imo coilovers are overkill on road cars personally. If thats not quite enought id get a set of kw coilovers for front height only for adjustability mainly pref v2's with adj damping too.

260% JCW
Some good advice there. Only one snag, at the begining the OP say's his budget is 550 to 650. :butt:

Vw caddy tdi
Eibach prolines trade 90-140(not trade) delivered. 4 new oem shocks trade 100- 200 (not trade) . Pass on the V1 or V2's front coilover unit price ?? Surely they cant be more than 300-400? Trade or not...Can I also add that friend of mine had the konigsports fitted to his sunflower and it didnt handle for toffee mine was better on prolines.