ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uno Turbo or Renault 5 GT Turbo?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Time for another toy for the mid life crisis then ;)

Lol - the idea of reading through the classifieds on PH and Autotrader has actually crossed my mind! ;) I don't think I can be arsed with the two lots of insurance, MOT, servicing and tax again though. Unless I actively kept a sensible SORN schedule.

D.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Upped my budget now so found a very nice R5. Won't post anything up as it seems to be bad luck! Viewing this Sat.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
For the sound alone, R5 makes the uno as boring as it looks.

Regular servicing and considerate modding the R5 was a faultless car for me for 4years, using it as a 2nd car for nothing but spirited driving. The local uno and punto turbos never got the attention of mine wih it's subtle pop and burbling when taking it easy.

[video=youtube_share;u04he629p1o]http://youtu.be/u04he629p1o[/video]

[video=youtube_share;4vE7uEI6--I]http://youtu.be/4vE7uEI6--I[/video]

I properly love gt turbos, from completely standard to drag monsters and everything in between. Awesome cars

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I can see myself looking through youtube at the weekend, watching R5 videos ffs.

Evo
Was that Uno from Basildon? There's an identical one I always see hooning about, can't imagine there's many mint, grey and caged Uno Turbos left.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
That strada has the wrong wheels doesn't it?

The seats in those are epic though!

Rb 182
I enjoyed my 6 months with my mk1 uno. Parts were pretty hard to come by though.

100_0271.jpg

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Dunc McLean is an old acquaintance of mine from my Uno days too. Looks like he got around a bit!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
That strada has the wrong wheels doesn't it?

The seats in those are epic though!
No I'm fairly certain they are the standard wheels.

Although the 125 TC was better looking to me, I couldn't find one for sale.
241.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

These are the ones i'm thinking of

$T2eC16J,!)!E9s2fBWSHBRe(Tipl9w~~60_35.JPG

I had a set in white to go on a Seicento Turbo I had. :eek:

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
You're right, the 125 TC was never sold in the UK as I've just read due to exhaust clearance on a rhd steering rack. Probably why there aren't any for sale.

These are the ones i'm thinking of

View attachment 111733

I had a set in white to go on a Seicento Turbo I had. :eek:

I think they must've been an optional wheel as a quick Google shows pics of cars with both.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

241.jpg

A man with taste! Haha.. The 125TC was not brought into the UK, just the 105TC, which is why you'll not find one, unless imported.

You're right on the wheels too. The wheels on that particular 130 are the original spec. They were changed to the 'Uno turbo style' for the face lifted car circa 1987, along with a different grille and interior.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic a bit.. ;)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
You're right on the wheels too. The wheels on that particular 130 are the original spec. They were changed to the 'Uno turbo style' for the face lifted car circa 1987, along with a different grille and interior.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic a bit.. ;)

I knew someone on CS would know the answer :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
roflcopter, nah didn't see anyone of that name either..........come to think of it I remember very little of the night :)

RB182cup&golf gti
Can't get on with the looks of the Uno where as always loved 5 turbos. Weirdly saw an uno the other day and it was just as ugly as I remember! 5 all day for me

UJA

172 & 2x Uno Turbos
I own two mk1 Uno Turbos, I can safely say, they are the most fun in an eighties hot hatch hands down. They are reliable believe it or not, as long as they are serviced regualarly. If you find a clean one, you are onto a good thing as they are so rare now. I'm obviously going to say go Uno as the are what I know, I think they can take more of a hammering than the 5 also.

DO ITT!!!

gary.