ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unsure on ITB's

ITB 428 Ph1
Hi

I am looking to purchase ITB's, however I don't really know alot about them.

I have a phase 1 172, could anyone recommend a set ?

Also once installed could I use my existing ECU to map them too or would I need an uprated ECU.

There's a guy selling these currently on the marketplace but I'm unsure wether or not to purchase them ? Here's the post description ;

4x Jenvey 45mm ITBs
1x F4R manifold
1x throttle linkage
4x Cut down trumpets (to fit sock filters)

Would these be good for my 172 or are there better ?

Cheers Correy

172 Race Car
Tour-De-Force do a really good package of AT power port throttles and EC1 ECU. We use it on our race car and its brilliant.

As said, stock management has been done but its a bit of a fiddle and inevitably has some comrpimises

ITB 428 Ph1
Hmmmmm I c, I have dropped Tom an email at jms and it will be interesting to see what he comes back with. I'm looking to get my phase 1 remapped at jms anyway so this could be the option for me. I will also look into the tour de force too to see the other options available. Is purchasing ITB's second hand a bad idea ?

Cheers Correy

TrackCar & F30 330d
Second hand itb's are fine but I'd stay away from second hand wiring looms because they are damaged so easily when they are touched from my experience. All depends if your handy with a spanner too but it's all pretty easy to fit

ITB 428 Ph1
All sounds good , will I need to uprate any other part of the engine so it can keep up ?

Cheers Correy

53 Clio's & counting
As said id look at brakes, but you wont need to upgeade anything engine wise.

I ran itb's on the standard management, and it worked well and made good power, it would be a little better running aftermarket management, but it all depends on budget - I couldnt afford to spend out on an ECU, so thats why I made mine run on the (mapped) standard ECU - I saved a big chunk of money, and I was happy - but as said aftermarket ecu's do have their advantages as they are more adjustable than the standard one.

I agree 100% with Jay, go with TDF - they have one of the best kits on the market - either use them or RS Tuning in Leeds

Megane Trophy Stg 2
We have done about 6 kits so far in 2011. Se we are getting a dab hand at them now. Just recently fitted a kit to the mintest phase 1 I have ever seen. Only had 20k on the clock.

If you want a quote, pics, or more details just drop me an email on sam@tour-de-force.co.uk

ITB 428 Ph1
Thank everyone for all your posts this really helps alot. I will save a few more pennies and look into getting this done.

Cheerz Correy