ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrade info sought

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
does anyone know if the mechanical things that wear, which aren't normally upgraded i.e. ball joints, bushes etc etc can be upgraded - if does anyone know of things better than oem reno?

i'm not talking brakes etc that are the usual modifications talked about on here

Anything can be upgraded! Bushes can be changed for a different material to reduce deflection under load, or even swapped for solid links such as rose joints. Ball joints like wise can be replaced with spherical bearings.

The only real limit is what facilities you have to fabricate them! They aren't needed though. Worth noting our X85 Cup endurance cars run standard road car wish bones and ball joints!

Cheers
M

Lionel Richie
clio cup race ball joints are nice, but as his lordship says, bit overkill, the racers ran stock oe bushes IIRC

there's nowt wrong with stock engine mounts either IMO, no need to touch them if fitted correctly IMO

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
The only real limit is what facilities you have to fabricate them! They aren't needed though. Worth noting our X85 Cup endurance cars run standard road car wish bones and ball joints!

Cheers
M

i didn't know that.... i'm amazed mines on the way out pre 30k then.

Note that's X85 Cup. IIRC Mk2's had a spec cup car ball joint.

X85's run standard bushes as well - to be honest there is such little deflection in them if healthy thats its not really worth changing them until you are way past where a cup car is.

Cheers
M