ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade to iPhone 4 now? or wait till 5

Hey all, I am tempted to get an iPhone 4 (my last iPhone was a 3g). Currently got an HTC Desire and my next phone will be an iPhone. Does anyone know of any concrete details on the new one set to come out in July?

If Apple is right by their upgrade cycles this years should be the same just with a processor upgrade and the like and if I upgrade now I can get the significant update next year.

Also I have just thought I have kept my 3G and wouldn't have a use for it after I got a 4 - these still go for 150-200? Plus selling the iPhone 4 would give me enough for iPhone4++ once its released so probably upgrade now if that sounds a good plan?

Plus I would sell the Desire

Mk4 .:R32
Sell 3G and Desire.
Buy iPhone 4
Sell iPhone 4 in July and buy iPhone 5.

There's no point in waiting around when they manage to retain a big chunk of their value!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Upgrade iPhone 4
Sell iPhone 4 in July and buy iPhone 5.

There's no point in waiting around when they manage to retain a big chunk of their value!
Pretty much my plan if I like the 5.

Megane 225 F1
+1 upgrade due end of march so will get a 4, keep it as clean and scratch free as I can and then sell when the new one comes out.

I would love one now tbh. My 3G is stupidly slow and fucked :(

+1 upgrade due end of march so will get a 4, keep it as clean and scratch free as I can and then sell when the new one comes out.

I would love one now tbh. My 3G is stupidly slow and f**ked :(

Not on Vodaphone by any chance? My usual upgrade is end of Feb but doing a special online only deal for 180 days before contract end

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Early upgrade one off cost: £309.00

Bit f**king steep likes!

18month con, £35.00 a month and 309.00 for the phone!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I found it! It's expensive!

I'd be cheaper paying off the remainder of my contract ffs!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather wait, think it's £169 for my upgrade.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Good luck selling a 4 at the point of iPhone 5 launch.

3GS users last year that ended up settling for £250 will know what I mean. (Unless you have money to burn)

Thankfully my iPhone 4 is unlocked, so i should be able to shott it for some decent money.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd usually wait on the madness calming before I bought mine.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you are happy to do that i guess thats fine.

i sold my 3GS the day after to some mug for £350. Paid £29 for the 4. LOL.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're not far off buying the 4 sim free for that!

Mug indeed!

Well just noticed on Quidco they are offering £150 Cashback -

£139 handset (instead of £269 for upgrade) and im going to use the £150 to cancel my current contract.