ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Engine mounts? Worth it?

My engine mounts need changing, so i was looking on KTR and spotted that there are the standard ones or the uprated ones.

What are peoples thoughts on wether the uprated ones are worth the extra £?

Will be using for road and maybe a couple of trackdays.

Oh and i have done a search, but i couldn't really find a decent answer!

The 1st one i posted in and no one bothered replying too, wasn't my thread so didn't want to bump it up.

And the 2nd one, dont have a clue what group N means, also don't want to be annoying bumping/hijacking other peoples threads! Ha

To be honest, im a total newbie when it comes to most of this. People talking about pollybushed things just confuses the hell out of me!:S

I would start a poll, but cant seem to do them on here!

Last edited:
Group N is what they were first advertised as, but proper group n mounts are like £1000 each or something daft anyway.

Nothing wrong with bumping an old thread.

I run KTEC engine mount, new gearbox mount(standard) and polybushes dog bone mount.

Only mods/admin can start poll's as well :)

Clio 172
Group N refers to a Motorsport class for production based cars in rallying and racing.

Group N is basically a showroom spec car with some minor safety and performance mods to make it more reliable and safer.

I run the Ktec mounts and they where a big improvement on standard but as a lot of folk on here have said new standard ones are just as good.

Ah ok that helps! Not sure what pollybushes are though. I guess im just going to have to jump under my car and have a look around!

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have the uprated K-tec engine mount, uprated K-tec gearbox mount and the poly twisted dogbone mount and they are very good, throttle respone is much quicker and the whole car feels much tighter and nicer to drive.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I have the uprated K-tec engine mount, uprated K-tec gearbox mount and the poly twisted dogbone mount and they are very good, throttle respone is much quicker and the whole car feels much tighter and nicer to drive.

This tbh! :)

My poly dogbone is still in it's box, waiting to be fitted, but it will go on soon.

The K-Tec mounts made a world of difference though, very impressive