ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Exhaust Mounts Modification- thanks ClioSPORT :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
After getting fed up with my sagging exhaust on the Trophy i searched for a solution on here and voila:

exhaustmount28511.jpg

Quite a easy modification and took about 2 hours total. Cost £13 and the exhaust is now tooked up in the bumper,secure and level :)

So a big thanks to ClioSPORT and the original poster (sorry cant remember who it was) of this brilliant modification.

clio 182
i did the exact same to mine thursday! really does work well. wish i had done it sooner, was such an easy job :)
will hopefully last!

clio 182
the insert is a universal powerflex exhaust mount, just trimmed down abit

part number is EXH008

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
True James and better than changing the mounts every 6 months or so.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have recently ordered these to fix my sagging exhaust.

Can you post some more pictures of the hangers installed please?

how stiff are these mounts, a bit worryed the exhast wont be able to move and end up snapping exhast hangers off the backbox

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I personally think the movement is spot on, you can still wobble the exhaust slightly.

Took the car for a spin after and all seems well.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
ive got some of the universal exhaust hangers on the way to modify my hangers like you have. i also have a rs192 exhaust like yours mate so if you could post a pic of how the exhaust sits with the new hangers please and how did you mark the height for the 12mm holes you had to drill ?

thanks mate