ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urban Exploration - 56k put the kettle on :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Today i went back to an awesome location to get some more pics for one of my projects. Havent had a chance to go through all of them yet. The place was excellent for textures.
1-7.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-3.jpg

7-4.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-2.jpg

notice the date, the building has been empty since 1983
10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
lol yeah i know mate its kind of freaky especially as like nothing has been moved for years, it used to be a dairy farm and research centre.

cheers buddy :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yes mate, im not going to post up the exact location on a public forum as then it might get fenced off etc, if you are interested in knowing where abouts it is then pm me mate

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers mate, i was using a canon 10D with a canon 28-135 Image stabilser lens

i could do with a camera upgrade some time soon to be honest, but it still gives me decent results

RS 172
Very nice. I've always wanted to go to places like this, there are a few derelict mental asylums not too far from me that I would mind looking round.

You a member on 28dayslater?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
thanks for the comments guys, some of them are HDR shots, some arent. The i deliberately cranked up the effect on a few. other than that no photoshop work other than resizing and adding the border.

The project im working on is all about urban decay etc.

caeteez: yeah mate i just signed up to it but it wont let me post anything

thanks for the comments all :)

Arctic Blue FF 182
Awsome pics mate! I love 28dayslater, im planning an urban exploration soon hopefully.

Keep it up!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers mate, i take multiple shots mainly using the auto bracket function and shooting at -2, 0 and +2 exposures. i would recommend using dynamic photo HDR over photomatix, you have much more control

photomatix
webhdr2ty6.jpg

dynamic photo HDR

photomatix

dynamic photo hdr

1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice pics mate, i love the textures you get in decaying buildings and the fact things havent been moved in years. loving the flaking paint in pic 3

Golf GTI PP Mk7
reminds me of being about 12 again, and going out into all the fields and stuff round our house and exploring the derelict train station etc, great stuff.

superb pics too guys!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Nice pics, reminds me of the CS meet we had where we went to an old hospital lol.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cool pics, its the first time i have used HDR and it wasnt cheating as part of my project was experimenting with :)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Post HDR on 28dayslater and you'll never make it out of rookie status ;).

UE pictures you say. I've got a few too :D at ue.veehicular.net. Far too many favourites to post here tho' :eek:. I've got a whole wall of tiny select shots at work!

Hence just one that I've always liked...
MySpace.jpg

Not really a fan of the HDR but the photos and locations are awesome. That Milking Machines logo is captivating, it looks so new!

Would absolutely love to get into this.

RS 172
If any of you fancy some asylums, you should head over this way, I'll tag along with you! Got some great ones, Cane Hill for one.

RS 172
^ I've never been to one, went to the Epsom Asylums with some mates once but never went in. I just meant that I'd like to tag along one day, if you ever go :D.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
^ I've never been to one, went to the Epsom Asylums with some mates once but never went in. I just meant that I'd like to tag along one day, if you ever go :D.
And I must apologize for being slightly facetious :eek:.

Cane Hill isn't an easy place to explore with very dedicated security and a serious fence. It is explorable if the dogs don't get you ;).

West Park is even worse with lots of cameras and IR fences. Proper mission impossible stuff! It used to be a simple walk in (which sadly I never got to do :(), but then English Partnerships took ownership and got serious.

Horton, Long Grove and Manor in Epsom have now been converted. St. Ebbas still exists and in partially in use. Indeed I finally got round to exploring Ebbas in November. It's got a more difficult place to explore recently though since the asbestos removal crews have moved into the main hall and admin!

And Netherne nearby to Cane Hill has been converted too!

BMW E92/Audi S3
lol yeah i know mate its kind of freaky especially as like nothing has been moved for years, it used to be a dairy farm and research centre.

cheers buddy :)

What if there was some sort of cow zombie and youve just woken it up and its going to destroy the world like resident evil. Nice pictures, they make you stare at them..

I might try out the ROC post down past Salisbury soon, going to head down to Marwell Zoo anyway so if the weather is ok I might stop and have a look for it, looks cool (really well preserved) and would be a nice little intro into this little world.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
I might try out the ROC post down past Salisbury soon, going to head down to Marwell Zoo anyway so if the weather is ok I might stop and have a look for it, looks cool (really well preserved) and would be a nice little intro into this little world.
Alderbury? Is indeed a nice post.