ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed - rear brake calliper

Ph2 Flamer
Just swapped out the rear brake caliper, all fine, but when it put the brake line into the caliper the point at which its tight enough to stop fluid leaking out leaves the piston facing the wrong way.
Checked the calliper and line for anything stopping them tightening fully, nothing there in the thread. Put the old caliper back on and it tightens perfectly to where it needs to be.
No idea what to do... Help!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
If I'm thinking what your saying your spinning the caliper onto the line correct!

You shouldn't need to do this as the nut on the brake line should spin freely. By that I mean bolt the caliper to the hub put line in a and tighten nut.

Ph2 Flamer
Yep spinning calliper onto line as per the guide on here (i think)

The nut and the metal line on the rears appears to be a sealed unit. The nut won't spin independantly of the metal line. If it should defo move whats the best way to free it up? the metal tube as already started flaking off paint cos its under tension. don't want it to snap!

Ph2 Flamer
ooo err, span both fronts on (although thats right isn't it for the fronts???)
Ended up bodging the rear with ptfe. standing full on the brake and nothing leaks out so it'll have to do till tomorrow. Soaked it in wd40 so hopefully it'll budge tomorrow.
On a happy note i swapped out the drivers side drive shaft which was split and the car still drives with no knocking or anything so must have done it right!