ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Urgent, please help!*... Exhaust gas monitor warning light just come on.....

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hey people, out and about driving and the warning light has just come on. Its orange, but doesn't have 'stop' inside it. Have my 36k service booked in 3 weeks, car has done 35.5k. Seems to be driving ok, not noticing any difficulties. Last time we had this warning light it was when we had some of the Dodgy petrol a few years back.
Am I still ok to drive it?? Called up Ren-o-tec in Chelmsford but no answer, that's where my service is going to be. Called renault and they were their usual unhelpful, 'come in and we'll mug you off' selves.
Any advice would be appreciated people! Thanks!

PS sorry if this post displays strange, am doing it from my phone!

Black 197
i had my emissions light on before, i was on the motorway and didnt do any harm, Do you know anybody who has a obd2 reader ? Plug it up check fault clear it, jobs a good un

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its driving ok I wouldn't worry about it for now to be honest.

If it startsto misfire though, turn it off and wait till you can get to a mechanic.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Just filled up with petrol, was very low but that hasn't made a difference. Don't know anyone with a computer. U think it is ok to keep driving to get home?.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As long as its running ok mate, it will be fine.

Don't just drive it for the sake of it though!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Think I'll have to push my service forward from the 12th May then!..... And no, will just drive it to finish off the shopping and get myself home lol

172 Cup
As already mentioned if car is driving fine it is in all likelyhood teh post CAT lambda which does nothing apart from keeping the enviromentalists happy! :)

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Thanks for your responses guys, fingers crossed its nothing major...
Just out of curiousity, what is the post cat lambda thing? I'm a bit of a know-nothing with this kind of stuff!...

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Just waiting at the MOT test centre, all in one month comes MOT, tax and 36k service! If the warning light is to do with the post cat lambda, is that something that will fail the MOT?...

Lots of Alfas
The post cat lambda is a sensor on your exhaust after the cat that measures what un-burned oxygen is left in the exhaust gases (there should be hardly any oxygen left after the cat). Either the sensor is faulty or the cat is not as efficient as it was. Its a common problem on the 182.

My post cat lambda went faulty after putting the decat in, unfortunately I never got an MOT done before I sold it (after putting the cat back in) so not sure on emmisions but it will most likely just be a faulty sensor. As I got it switched off and then it popped back up again

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Cool, thanks for that guys. She just flew through an MOT so whatever the warning light is hasn't affected that. The advice on the MOT is rust on the exhaust and front discs, not sure what the hello is going on with that, the discs were replaced 2 years ago so they shouldn't be corroding should they?!...