ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent - Who owns this car now???

More poke than viagr
Hi, a mate of mine sold this clio a few months back and now his insurance company are trying to screw him for having a crash the evening before he sold the car, which he didnt cos i saw it the morning he sold it lol :S

So if anyone on here owns this car, or knows who does own this car could you please get in contact to prove the car was sold undamaged.

Thanks.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That's irrelevant. It would not prove the condition of the car, that is, unless the car has been written off or substantially damaged and it could be assumed that it would not have sold if damaged. However, that's still wishy washy and won't really help. The date of transfer should be on the V5 anyway. What would be of more help would be details of where and when the crash was. If the new seller travelled a distance and could show it was at his local residence then it may be contribitory evidence and an overall case proven.

I think we need a few more facts about it all.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Maybe that should read was a nice car.

If he can show when it was sold then he should be ok...

More poke than viagr
I dont know all the details tbh, but apparently the crash happened at a motorway services down near london, the night before the car was picked up. And was apparently about 10pm.

We live up in the midlands so its common sense that you wouldnt go down to london and fill up with petrol the night before the car was picked up. Lol he probs wouldnt even be able to find london anyaways :rasp:

We dont even know how much damage either car was supposed to have taken lol. Whole thing seems really dodgy....i can vouch for him the car was spotless the morning it was sold, no damage at all.

Insurance are trying to get in touch with him aswell, but he just wanted to speak to him aswell to straighten everything out.

Renault Sport Clio 182
mayby the plate was stolen, if it happend in a service station is there not any CCTV footage?

M2 Competition
You're not telling us much dude, but;

Sounds like whoever has bought the car has had a fail to stop rtc or similar. Other parties are trying to contact driver through reg plate, and its coming back to your mate as new owners have not sent off the v5 yet.

Otherwise why would it matter if your mate had a crash before he sold the car, he'd sold it, and i couldnt see why insurance are interested in your mate?

If thats the case i doubt new owners will get back to you.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
but the crash was meant to happen to day before the car was sold,
so the new owner wouldnt have had the car,

so doesnt sound like they would be involved,

tbh sounds like someones cloned the plates to do a petrol run of some description.
either way shouldnt the advert of the car, recipt of payment, and documents show the condition of the car when sold??

iow the adverts for a mint(ish) car, and you have a reciept for asked amount in the sale, its quite obvious it wasnt crashed or the new owner wouldnt have payed full price, if he'd even bought it at all.

has this insurance company sent your mate a letter??
i wouldnt believe s**t if it aint in writtin format, but even then it could still be dodgy. but u can still make the neccessary checks.

sounds dodgy for sure...
oh by the way, i got called by a dodgy insurance company last month saying i crashed my 172 in jan and the people i crashed into were claiming against me. apparently 4 ppl were in the car! and there were witnesses....

weird cost i never had a 172 in jan.... in fact i sold my 172 to daniel in december after a girl wrote it off by driving into it outside my house whilst it was parked up.

jay

Last edited: