ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT

bought a screen last night, its not branded, and dosent really come with any instructions.

i just powered it up in the car, and tried to run my playstation thru it, and i just get a black screen, with white/grey lines running down it, and i can feintly see what SHOULD be on the screen, amongst these lines, traveling diagonally down the screen, repeatedly.

anyone got any help for me to get this running properly??

what inputs are there ? three (RCA TYPE) ones ? yellow, red, white ! test the screen works with another source eg video camera ? or summit else ! if not take it back ! got any pics ??

its got the red and black power cables, then the yellow video plug, and a white one for audio, thats it

i plugged both yellow and red plugs in from the playstation lead, and powered the screen up - but nothing.

tried feeding my digi cam in too - still, nothing, just got the black screen, with white/grey lines running down it, and i can feintly see what SHOULD be on the screen, amongst these lines, traveling diagonally down the screen, repeatedly.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

is it getting the right amount of power?

is the earth good?

have you got the right lead?

your using the playstation power supply ? didnt you get one with the screen ? could be using the wrong voltage/current for the screen !!!

yup, correct lead

its getting 12v as far as im aware

where SHOULD i connect the red power cable to, and where should the black one go?

as ive been running it off my glovebox light power, just to test, could that be it?

i connected both red and black into the power plug for the glovebox light?

what am i doing wrong?

Mr2 Roadster

If you wired it to the glove box and the glove box is open the light will be draining some of the 12v needed...

Wire it properly, you lazy git...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

there isnt enough power from the glovebox light

would you wire your amp up from the light in the boot?

NO!

Stop pissing about with the digi dash

Dont know if this helps, but I have this on one of my TVs at home. The 2 bars that come down on the screen just mean its in test mode, there should be a switch of some sort that will get rid of this. As i say, dunno if it helps, but try anyway!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Power it up properly to elimite this possible problem..

Its called Logical decductions, elementry my dear watson