ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using IPOD with ALpine 9870R and KCE-422i

306 GTI-6
Has anyone got an ipod linked up to their alipne headunit using the Alpine kce-422i lead?

I got one and the ipod freezes after 25 minutes use whenever its connected. The whole point of getting that lead was to enable me to control the pod via the HU, and it charges the ipod as well.

The ipod works fine when not connected.

Was wondering if perhaps I have some settings on the ipod which are cuasing the problem, giving it too much to cope with or something?

Please help, as at the moment I am so peeved, lol

BMW M135i
Works fine with my 9887R, brilliantly infact. Only thing I can suggest is formatting the ipod and putting all the music back on it from scratch.

306 GTI-6
Have actually already tried that and it didnt make any difference.

What settings do you have the ipod set to when it is plugged in. I wondered if having the ipod set to shuffle, and then asking the HU to shuffle as well may be confusing it or something?

306 GTI-6
Well, it has killed my ipod. The pod worked fine when just using the headphones, then plugged it in today and it started up then i got the error 01 message, then the ipod went dark, followed by the unhappy ipod icon and a web address.

Am currently in emails with alpine about this.