ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255 - reliability/warranty issues

Ive seen a few posts scattered around the forum about warranty claims on the M2 V6 255. So, to all those Mk2 Vee owners, please post the faults/warranty work youve had done and at what mileage (plus any other niggles/gripes).

Thanks!

*LOL* No, quite the opposite! Just as everyone posts problems with their 172s Im interested in problems with the Vee. A lot of rumours abound about it being unreliable and constantly back and forth with Renault. Cant say it bothers me too much - Ill be collecting mine this Friday hopefully. Just looking for some helpful advice from fellow Vee owners!

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 30 November 2004
the only issue u should have is the delears

Oh, why?

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 01 December 2004
Worth buying EVO magazine. 24000 miles and not a single fault

didnt there V6 lock itself with the keys in and the engine running :p

I think it was operator error that made the EVO v6 lock itself.

The build quality of the MK2 V6s is meant to be much better than that of any other RenaultSport Model.

Im hoping my 182 is as good as the mk2 172 it replaced. 26500k, 2 & 1/2 years and pretty much spot on. Had 4k buzz that was sorted within a week with one trip leaving the car for the day at the dealer. Also had the pretensioner causing the airbag light to come on. Same thing, booked in within a week and sorted with the car only left with them for the day.

Looks like youve got a good dealer there Si, the only thing that lets all the cars down are the dealers, there are one or two decent ones out there but they are few a far between!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

3000 miles including a trip to Le-mans and no problems:D

I havent heard of any either, could you elaborate on these problems? I must have missed those threads.:)

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 01 December 2004
3000 miles including a trip to Le-mans and no problems:DI havent heard of any either, could you elaborate on these problems? I must have missed those threads.:)

wasnt it shmall that had a new clutch on warrenty? I guess if he wasnt to busy bitching in that "other" thread he would reply here lol apologies if it wasnt you shmall

Yeah it was me, but thought I had better "stop bitching" in that other thread as it was starting to get boring.....lol

Yes I had to have a New Flywheel and clutch at 7500 miles, not good.

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 01 December 2004

Worth buying EVO magazine. 24000 miles and not a single fault
Thanks Jeremy! Just read the article, culminating in EVO saying that the Vee is "...a modern classic". Cant wait to pick my (almost) new black V6 up tomorrow :D