ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 Seats

V

v6Max

I have done a couple of trackdays in my v6 and because I have not got an American sized arse I find the standard seats do not provide enough support.

Has anyone successfully changed the seats in a v6? If so any problems? How did the car deal with the removal of an air bag from the SRS system etc.

Cheers

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

wouldnt thought would be a prob mate, had looked at my mates and reckon its same sub frame as the 172.

removing the airbag prob aint good idea if doin trackdays, you want to hit your head on something soft even if wearing a helmet!

V

v6Max

bigtommy the airbag I am worried about is the one in the side of the seat that I will take out. What worries me is that the car may get upset when it realises that it has one less airbag than it did before. I am sure I read somewhere that someone had all the remaining airbags deploy when they reconnected the battery!

Big Iain, sure if I do it I will let you know. The only problem is I might only do the drivers side, it all depends on the cost of the seat/s I finally go for.

Cheers

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

I have sparcos, harnesses - no airbags and a lovely warning light to remind me that theyre not here any more!!!

Any Momo/Sparco/Corbeau will fit with the CLio bases as there is no difference between the V6 and a standard car - the Milano is a good one as it still tips forward

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by v6Max on 10 September 2003

I have done a couple of trackdays in my v6 and because I have not got an American sized arse I find the standard seats do not provide enough support.

Has anyone successfully changed the seats in a v6? If so any problems? How did the car deal with the removal of an air bag from the SRS system etc.

Cheers
Your best bet is regular visits to the following outlets

McDonalds
KFC
Any Chippie or Donar Kebab shop.

You will soon find that seat fitting perfectly to your rear.

V

v6Max

cliosportcraig, what is the right size resistor then?

MikeT, K-Tec racing suggested that you may have already done this so cheers for the additional info

_KDF, definitely would solve the problem but my life expectancy will be much shorter and I wont get to enjoy the car

V

v6Max

MikeT, where did you source the Sparcos from and are they significantly more supportive than the standard seats?

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

got them through K tec and yes they are - particularly at the shoulder which is where you tend to tip if you have no harnesses.

For serious track use Id go more extreem on the drivers seat and have a bucket seat - but my arse is huge and I use it every day - the seat and my arse!

Piece of piss to fit