ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vacuum pipe?

Clio 172
So I've just bought a 172 that runs rough at idle , it has a k and n filter fitted , but just before the throttle there is a nipple for some sort ov vacuum hose that isn't connected/ is missing , could anyone help me as to where this should run too ??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like someones removed the acoutsic valve down in the offside wheel arch . The vacuum pipe / nipple should have been blanked off . That'll be why your idle is rough , probably running high . Blank off the nipple and see if it makes any difference . 1*2's do run rough at idle anyway , and should be around 800rpm once warmed up .

Clio 172
Sounds like someones removed the acoutsic valve down in the offside wheel arch . The vacuum pipe / nipple should have been blanked off . That'll be why your idle is rough , probably running high . Blank off the nipple and see if it makes any difference . 1*2's do run rough at idle anyway , and should be around 800rpm once warmed up .
When you dip the clutch it feels like it might almost cut out , just bounces off a low idle for a second before idling rough again . I put new plugs in it and like I say I wasn't sure if it was meant to be connected to some form of throttle bypass or idle air control valve .

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Let me know how the blanking off goes mate. Mine has had the acoustic valve removed too, and found that the pipe (mine had a pipe attached still) had a split in it and was leaking vacuum.
It has run rough for over a year and I've replaced several bits before finding this. I just can't test mine yet as the driveshaft has gone

Clio 172
Let me know how the blanking off goes mate. Mine has had the acoustic valve removed too, and found that the pipe (mine had a pipe attached still) had a split in it and was leaking vacuum.
It has run rough for over a year and I've replaced several bits before finding this. I just can't test mine yet as the driveshaft has gone
Yeah I'll let you know mate ! I bought the car off a pal at work and I'm a mechanic by trade so thought air leak straight away , I didn't know what the vac pipe should have been connected to but drawig air all the time can't be helping . Got a few other niggles I'll probably be asking for advice on aswel haha.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Yeah I am mechanic by trade too mate, but when it comes to my own car though I panic lol and I have to ask for advice. I just presumed that pipe was blocked off still so didn't give it a thought, till last week I was fiddling and heard it hissing under the battery lol looks like battery acid (or something) had dropped on the pipe and made it all crack up and fall apart.