ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Clutch.

306 GTI-6
Today I had my valver out on the road for the first time and I absolutely love it but whenever you give it some beans the clutch slips like mad. How much am I going to be looking at roughly for a new clutch to be fitted and should I get the clutch cable replaced at the same time?
Thanks
Martin

Its expensive to do Cltch specailst are your best bet loads of garages won't do it but you'll be looking at £300 cash But I'd buy a Renault original clutch though there the best IMO for most cars.

S2000
The renault original clutch is a Valeo one btw. I got a Unipart clutch for £70 as I found out they were valeo ones so about half the price of renault for the same part.

Clio 1.8 16v
Ive had a renault 5GTT uprated clutch put in mine, decided I wasnt paying a fortune to have it replaced again any time soon, Got it for around £60 from GSF.

Took a little bit of getting used to the extra 'bite' it had, but nowadays its fine, I dont really notice it at all. It seems everybody else who drives it has trouble getting used to it tho, haha.