ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver dash light query

Flicked the lights on last night and the dash lights did not illuminate. Headlights worked fine, but the dash lights didn't come on. Tried switch on & off, clicked full beam on then off and the dash lights worked. Stayed on through full journey.

Started car up later on, same thing but flicking full beam didn't illuminate, they just worked through moving the arm on/off. Stayed on through full journey.

Tonight they didn't work until the dimmer was played with. I'm guessing it has something to do with slight fault on the headlight lever itself and was coincidence about the full beam/dimmer 'making' it work ??

Just an add-on to that:

1: heater controls: have they also got bulbs behind to illuminate as ours have never worked but haven't taken these dials out before. Done a search in here inc archived posts, but nothing in there to say 'yes or no' and no 'how 2s' on removal. I know how to take the dash top off, but not the heater controls.

2: Headlight dimmer: no adjustment can be done. They don't move. Is there a fuse for this or could both headlight motors be up the duff?

Cheers in advance :approve:

1.8 Civic EX
to remove the heater you need to work from the bottom up...can't remeber exactly but take out the stereo, then the plastic surround the stereo site in then I think you just push the heaters out from behind...

and yes there are 2 bulbs behind them, same as dash board bulbs...

Cheers.
Dashbulbs like this?
bulb286.jpg

Just need to sort out the other 2 bits now.lol.
Thanks Rhino.

1.8 Civic EX
yeah I think so...as I say it's been a few years since I took mine apart so can't be 100%....

just remembered, after you have removed the plastic that surrounds the stereo there are 2 screws that need undooing before the heater pannel comes out. It's a little fiddly behind it as you have the levers on the back of the dials. Make sure you put them back in the right place or all your dials will be out...

It's really quite obvious what needs doing when you start taking it apart, just take your time and don't loose any screws haha

Sorry for delay Joel: never got a topic notification on that reply :(

Thanx for site link: will check that out. Seems to be mostly new shaped Clio owners on here nowadays anyhow and only a few people seem to be able to help now :(