ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver questions, about to buy one.

Clio 182 FF & Cups
My 172 sold tonight on ebay so as long as the top bidder doesn't let me down I'll be looking for a valver asap. Friend at work has a ph2 and that looks smart, what's the difference between ph1 + ph2's and on what reg did they change over? What do i need to look for when I buy one? I'm lookin to spend £1500 tops, what will that get me? Anybody know a forum member selling a good un? Thanks in advance.

P.S. This in no way means I am changing sides or pledging aliegence in the mk1 vs mk2 arguement!!

i will be selling a ph1 in about 2 weeks, 80k, mint interior, no knocks or rattles, 3k's in receipts, mot in nov, scorpion stainless, and a k+n.Respraying it this week.

Clio 182 FF & Cups
standard colour? let me know when its done, might be interested.

anyone else with buying advice etc?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
mate dan is genuine..although i haven't seen the car i am sure it will be nice..

as for things you should look for do a forum search as this is a regular question

and it had a few car park dents whish i wasnt happy with! just had a new gearbox as the diff circlip popped, 2 new driveshafts, new cambelt and tensioners 50 odd miles ago. Everyone who has seen thbis car comments on how sweet the engine is running, starts 1st everytime with no miss fires etc.

Beetle
Phase one was from 91 - 94, phase 2 started on an m plate in 94 and ran until 96 on an n plate.
Wheels - phase 2 has the 5 spokes, phase 1 has the turbines
Interior - phase 2 has a revised interior pattern for the seats in black and grey. phase 1 had blue and yellow bits in the pattern i think. leather was an option on both phase 1 and 2 and is grey in both.
Exterior - phase 2 has rounded rear lights as oppsosed to the flat rear lights on a phase 1.
phase 2 has clolourcoded one slot front grill and colourcoded bits under the headlights, whereas phase 1 has black plastic and a 2 slat grill.
phase 2 has larger rounded bumpstrips on the doors whereas phase 2 has smaller squarer bumpstrips.
rear tailgate strip on a phase 2 is often referred to as having a carbon effect on it with the badges above it, whereas the phase 1 is grey plastic with the badges on it. the door mirrors are slightly larger on a phase 2.
the later phase 2's had airbag wheels where as the phase 1's and early phase 2's had sportier steering wheels.
heres a couple of pics to give you more of an idea the first is a cherry red phase 1 which belongs to clio_head, and the second is a naples red phase 2 which belongs to me. Hope this helps a bit:D
Phase1
2005_0122clean0008.jpg

2005_0122clean0023.jpg

2005_0122clean0013.jpg

Phase 2
f7re.jpg

fav2.jpg

badges1.jpg

Beetle
Forgot to say, look out for the usual rusty arches. Allignment of panels, creases in boot floor etc, all giveaways of a shunt at some point, all should have had the cambelt changed at some point, knocking form the engine isn't a good sign, as with crunching into gears etc.
£1500 should get you one in pretty decent nick imo, keep your eye out and a good one will come up.

Clio 182 FF & Cups
Cheers for that mate, think by looking at the photo's I'll hold out for a good phase 2, only a little different but they just look a bit more... modern. Love your naples, don't fancy sellin that do you? seen one ph2 for sale locally which looks good but the centre caps are missing from the wheels, can you still get them from renault?

Beetle
Cheers, but sorry mate i'm keeping hold of her for a while yet, i love driving it too much to sell it:D
You can get the centre caps from renault but i think they might be a bit pricey, plus they are plastic whereas the originals ar metal, only a small thing but it matters to some. There's always centrecaps for sale on ebay aswell.