ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very cheap, very good Wheel cleaner!

So I'm struggling with the second batch unfortunately gang. Halfords that I ordered from put a stop to it second time around citing out of date receipt and I wouldn't be allowed the 342 offer.

However, hoping to have sorted it at another branch. I'll update you when I know more.

330i. E30 Touring.
Been using this stuff lots of late. It's seriously good!

These were pretty mucky before:

e8ujy3a7.jpg

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Anyone in devon fancy some of this i have 10 bottles. Happy to sell if you fancy meeting as I can't be bothered with postage... PM me if you're interested... Local to Tiverton/Exeter.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm being led to believe i should be careful with this stuff now...

Apparently its PH neutral in the bottle but acidic as soon as it hits the alloy? Does that sound correct?? JD?

I'm being led to believe i should be careful with this stuff now...

Apparently its PH neutral in the bottle but acidic as soon as it hits the alloy? Does that sound correct?? JD?

The reaction is the same as iron-x. So yes it is no longer ph neutral when it reacts but the reaction is contained so it doesn't affect paint or lacquer.

Twingo Dynamique
went through half a bottle of this for 4 wheels... smelt horrible :/ did clean off old dirt though, so although my wheels are fairly clean.. when i take them off and do them properly they will be very good :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
It's certainly not worth £9.99, but i wiped out my local tesco recently, went in again and its back up to £6.99, apparently the promotion is over (and the product has been discontinued?).

I normally spray it on, leave for 3 minutes, give all the wheels a quick going over with a large soft bristle brush (so the wonder wheels foams), leave for a couple more minutes and jet wash off. They come up absolutely sparkling every time, and i get the equivalent of a 45minute hand wash. I use RC6 pads and it has no problem dealing with the frequent dust build up.

Also i would recommend transferring it into a spray bottle with a wider spray, otherwise you will waste a considerable amount of liquid.

Mikes86 agreed, good advice. 1:1 with water in a better pump spray is where it's at.

Andy, glad it arrived chap!

Lemonnobby - £4 if you can find it, IIRC.

It's certainly not worth £9.99, but i wiped out my local tesco recently, went in again and its back up to £6.99, apparently the promotion is over (and the product has been discontinued?).

I normally spray it on, leave for 3 minutes, give all the wheels a quick going over with a large soft bristle brush (so the wonder wheels foams), leave for a couple more minutes and jet wash off. They come up absolutely sparkling every time, and i get the equivalent of a 45minute hand wash. I use RC6 pads and it has no problem dealing with the frequent dust build up.

Also i would recommend transferring it into a spray bottle with a wider spray, otherwise you will waste a considerable amount of liquid.

Yeah that's what Tesco have been told to say. I highly doubt it is being discontinued. It's just they wanted to get rid of stock. Think how many bottles they've sold at £1.73 - got people hooked because it is an OK product that Joe Public can see working, now it's £6.99 (cheaper than Halfords where everyone shops for car products...!) so it's still good value. It'll continue to sell well.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Again a huge thanks to JD much appreciated mate. Used up half a bottle today, very good results my wheels looks spotless now.. Quick iphone pic :)

avyqyqy2.jpg

I think i binned it in work mate :(

No worries buddy.

To follow on from the above - test below is straight out of the bottle;

DSCN0406.jpg

The reaction that then takes place creates a substance that is not pH neutral, but it's contained in the liquid and therefore is perfectly safe. There is a massive post by someone on DW who has even more knowledge about Chemistry than Chip, would you believe it. I can't find it now, but IronX, WWHW and TW Ice Wheel Cleaner all contain the same substance and create the same reaction, but are all pH neutral when sprayed on.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No worries buddy.

To follow on from the above - test below is straight out of the bottle;

DSCN0406.jpg

The reaction that then takes place creates a substance that is not pH neutral, but it's contained in the liquid and therefore is perfectly safe. There is a massive post by someone on DW who has even more knowledge about Chemistry than Chip, would you believe it. I can't find it now, but IronX, WWHW and TW Ice Wheel Cleaner all contain the same substance and create the same reaction, but are all pH neutral when sprayed on.

JD thanks very much, thats put my mind at rest!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Anyone in devon fancy some of this i have 10 bottles. Happy to sell if you fancy meeting as I can't be bothered with postage... PM me if you're interested... Local to Tiverton/Exeter.

I'll take a couple off your hands mate. I live in Thorverton (just off the A396 by the Ruffwell) and work in Exeter so can meet somewhere easy?

Uh, yeah, PM'd also.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
What my friend does with this is dilutes it with water 50/50. Still works really well and lasts twice as long :)

What my friend does with this is dilutes it with water 50/50. Still works really well and lasts twice as long :)

Yeah it still works well at 1:1 with water. But the main issue is the spray head supplied with the bottle. Best to empty a bottle out into a pump sprayer with a finer spray head, then top up with water.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
hes got his own bottle that he paid like 99p for on ebay with a finer spray that the bottle. He just chucks the bottle away everytime. I cant find this cheap anywhere now :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
JD, I've still not got my second one btw. Perhaps you want to get onto the postman about that?

well weird that they didn't post at the same time!