ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very loud squeak and high idle

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I've done a bit of work to my 172 cup over the past few weeks, finally got it back together today but it's got a ridiculously loud squeak coming from the engine bay, it's also idling around 2,000 rpm.

I've had my plenum, coil pack, upper engine mount, fuel rail and throttle body off, I've also fitted a sports cat and changed a lambda sensor.

I've had the squeak before a while back after I changed my upper engine mount, but I took it to the garage the next day to get some other work done and forgot to mention it, when I picked the car up the squeak had gone.

I thought it would be an air leak from the plenum causing the issues, I cant see how changing an engine mount could cause a squeak.

Anyone know where it could be coming from?

Cheers

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
it's drawing in air on the inlet manifold from when you've stripped it matey, simples
or past one of the injector seals

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
What’s the fix? Does the inlet need tightening a bit more?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I would undo the inlet manifold and make sure nothing is caught underneath it(ignition leads or wiring). Make sure both gaskets are seated properly. Fit back on and it should seat fairly well before being tightened down.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Get a new inlet gasket rather than mess about. Give Renault Wolverhampton parts and they will sort it.