ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very Twitchy back end

ph1 172
been driving the phase 1 172 for a couple of days now, and the back end seems very twitchy and likes to step out a bit. is this normal? or are the rear shocks on the way out? or dead and need replacing?

Thanks

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
This problem is usually down to the rear shocks. They're pretty heap from Reanult tbh so could be worth a refresh. If not go down the koni or other coil over route.

ph1 172
Cool cheers Scrooge, ill look into some rear shocks today and see what I can find.

Is there a good value for money alternative to standard suspension? been out of the hot hatch game for a while last one I had was 4 years ago

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not anything that will be better than standard suspension in terms of comfort/ quality/ performance. Koni shocks are the very least I'd get if I was upgrading tbh.

ph1 172
comfort? whats comfort? i've just come from a mk4 golf gti lowered to buggery lol.

I'll take a look at the Koni's :) thanks