ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibra technics gearbox mount float

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Has anyone run into a problem with some "float" in their vibra-technics gearbox mount? Effectively when everything is tight, there is some up/down play of the mount.
The problem i seem to have is that the spindle gearbox mount is too long, and the large washer on the top of the mount bottoms out on a larger diameter section of this spindle and tightens against that rather than the mount itself leaving it a bit loose.

Unfortunately i got this mount in 2011 just before the car was garaged and only just notice getting the engine out this weekend.
There is a chance this came off my MK1, does anyone have any experience with the interchangeability of these?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Adding a pic and a vid of the problem.
I wonder if i am missing a lower washer similar to the top to space out a bit?

20230830_175425.jpg

Attachments

• 1694181072815.jpeg
    1694181072815.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Just wracking my brain as to whether there’s a metal spacer or washer at the bottom. I don't think it did tbh.

Here’s my installation

IMG_1505.jpeg
IMG_1504.jpeg
IMG_1503.jpeg

Mine had a washer above the nut. No issues with play.

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ahh, this might be the answer to my woes. I wonder if I'll be able to get my hands on just this lower part or if i will be pushed to get a whole new mount.

Daft question, You are putting the battery tray back in?

I don't follow...

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That section of rubber?

I deffo wouldn't spend £1.50 to see if a section of a hockey puck would work.