ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibrating Noise

Hi

I have just purchased a 172 and I love it.

Only one slight problem at 2000rpm a vibrating noise is made from I think the front of the car by the dash in the middle. Its weird because before and after 2000rpm it sounds perfect.

Am I right in thinking its the exhaust vibrating and its a common fault in the mk1s?

Its so much better than my corsa I am happy:)

Cheers

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Congrats on the car.

The exhaust vibrations are common from 4000rpm to about 5000rpm.

Check your engine cover, it might be loose. Mine would vibrate and sound similar to the exhaust vibration but occured at much lower revs. I fixed it by removing the cover completely.

Cheers mate

I think your right about the vibrating cover, I will investigate at the weekend.

Im really impressed with it. It pulls really nicely and is really comfortable. I was unsure whether I made the right move at first but I now know I did.

My insurance is really good as well, my old car which was 60bhp lol cost me £280 a year, the 172 cost me £520 fc a year

clio 172 MKII

it that what it is!! sounds like its coming from the steering wheel base.

I shall be trying the platic engine cover too!

cheers

clio 172 MKII

nahh - common fault I think - I thought it was just the plastic rattling again - but the eng cover would make sense - mines at the crast repair centre till tomorrow so Ill ahave a butchers when I get it back

I have that!!

Ever since my centre section was changed.

Would be good to see a fellow MK1 owner at the south central meet on the 17th April too ;)

406 passion wagon..

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 22 March 2005

Check your engine cover, it might be loose. Mine would vibrate and sound similar to the exhaust vibration but occured at much lower revs. I fixed it by removing the cover completely.
I had the same problem, removed the cover as above and all is fine! Exhaust rattles at 4,000rpm when u let the throttle off thou.. Oh well, rattle free acceleration is better!

Karl

Quote: Originally posted by Karl3158 on 22 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 22 March 2005

I had the same problem, removed the cover as above and all is fine! Exhaust rattles at 4,000rpm when u let the throttle off thou.. Oh well, rattle free acceleration is better!

Karl

Cheers, is it easy to remove the cover?