ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration under acceleration/blowing manifold

Trophy #473
Always presumed this was a CV joint on the way out, but since ive had my MOT and they refitted my CAT (was decated) the exhaust has been blowing as they havnt fitted it correctly.

Now, is this a coincidence but when I accelerate (over half throttle) my wheel vibrates as it has done for a while but but the vibrations also coincide with 'puffs' (you can hear the exhaust strokes) from my exhaust, kind of sounds like its on 3 cylinders but the car runs fine!?

My car has done 82k and the clutch does feel as if it on its way out. any other suggestions, or is it the fact, I have a blowing exhaust and the driveshaft(s) are shagged?

Nathan

clio 172 sport
the most probable cause of exhaust blow is ur decat pipe it is a lot less soundproof than your original cat mines got one and my gti 6 had one both fitted by me and it did my head in tryin to find it blowin turned out to be sound emmiting through the thinner metal than standard cat. as for your wobble could be one of few things drive shaft cv joint/actual bearing on the shaft/track rod end/ try jacking it up and shaking the wheel for any play or shake the driveshafts.