ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Views on Megane 1.6 Carbriolet Dynamque

Leon TDI

Hi all,
As disussed in http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ReturnPage=Thread&ForumID=2&TopicID=52425&PagePosition=0&ThreadPage=1this thread, my 172 is a crock of sh*t.
The final straw came on Thursday when it broke down yet again and had to be towed to the Renault garage.
I have told the garage that im not willing to drive the car off their forcourt, as after three months of ownership the car has caused me nothing but trouble and i have no confidence they will be able to resolve the issues.
On the 18th January the Renault manufacturers waranty expires, and with it, the breakdown cover.
The car has been towed into the garage 4 times in 3 months, so without breakdown cover will be too much of a liability.

I have asked the garage to source me another 172 but they have said they are difficult cars to come by, and may not be able to find one easily.
Anyway, the only other decent alternative looks like a Megane 1.6 Carbriolet Dynamque.
Does anyone have any views on this car?
What poerformace loss can i realistically expect when i drive it?
Should i hold out until the garage sources another 172?

Any views would be appreicated.
/Woof

Leon TDI

Y reg, which is an 2001 model.

So are 172s that hard to find for a Renault dealership?
Surly they must have access to a database of used cars, or is the garage being a pain?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Tell you dealer to give you the now 182 equivelant.. they are the same price after all.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Think the megane cabs are a bit of a womans car, mainly cos thats who you see drivin them! Nothin wrong with that but wouldnt have 1 myself! Theres a 172 exclusive(No#15) for sale near me at a dealership for about 9K.

You can source renault cars at renault.co.uk or you used to be able to!

Volvo S60 T5

Nice motors, I like them... I was gona get one but the thought of some little thug cutting the roof put me off at 1150.00 a roof.

So I got the 172 instead

Leon TDI

Quote: Originally posted by SilverRSC on 12 January 2004172 Link

"Sorry, your session may have expired. Please click on Return to www.renault.co.uk to return to our home page."

Session has expired :(
I tried that earlier and i could only find an option to display the first 50 cars of the search, which all tended to be 1.2 models.
I guessed the 172s would be towards the end of the list but couldnt find a way to refine the search to only show 172s.
Guess i need to take a second look.
Thanks guys :)

Leon TDI

Thanks SilverRSC, ive managed to repeat your search using info from your search link.
I shall have some ammunition when i have my meeting with the dealer tomorrow.
I think they are trying to give me the run around as they want me to keep the car, and not trade it in.
It must look bad for future buyers if they sold it, and brought it back, within a three month period.

Remapped derv Golf

Have a friend (girl) with one. Build quality is no better than a 172.

Her 1.6 is a bit slow though try looking for a 2.0. The Astra Convertable is meant to be good (beat the Renault and 206CC on 4CAR).

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the megane roofs are a bit unreliable and the 1.6 is dog slow.you would want the 2.0l ide engine.

Renault Laguna Coupe

OK, view from an owner.

The Megane Dynamique is a perfectly good car, although its a completely different animal than a 172. Had ours for 4 years now and had virtually no trouble with it at all. It isnt dog slow, and it handles really nicely. With the roadbox fitted it looks much better, and it can carry loads of luggage if you want to go touring. Here it is:

http://homepages.tesco.net/~mmikee/megane.jpg