ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Views on this clio?

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
i was going to buy it before the clio i have now! if it wasnt so far from me i would of defo got it! it was up for £2,200 im sure! bargain me thinks!

Trader Rating - 99%
95   1   0
  Za**** & Xr250R
That a steal imo you could get the rear arch and bonnet sorted for less than £400, so for less than £2000 you get a mint hybrid and it would be much faster than a 1*2 as there's no weight in these mk1's :)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
Thats my thinking, it would be my 2nd car.. i want a stripped out toy too. and this looks perfect for me as i can fettle the little bit, like get rid of that horrid red crap too lol.

Ive e-mailed asking for more pics :) Anyone recognise it?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
Defo mate ideal road going track tool, yeah it's local to me i've seen it around :)

Does it look decent when you see it? Or was it in a cloud of blue smoke.... LOL

I reckon for that price even if it turned out to be a turnip, i could sell the engine and box for £800 ish... then seats, wheels etc... so i think its a good price!
Its a 3 hour drive for me though!

Trader Rating - 99%
95   1   0
  Za**** & Xr250R
Yeah mate it looked really clean and well done it belong's or did to a kid that work's at ne detailing so will have the best of the best detailing on it and i'm sure i said he had it on the rolling road and it made 180 odd bhp here's a pic of it before the silly red bit's:

Noice :)
3496699385_74f138e958.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
Sweet mate, Im just waiting to hear back from him, would have to view next weekend due to work.. so fingers crossed! Like i said, even if it was a bad 'un i reckon i could get most if not all of the money back :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  '92 172, Lotus Elise
ran a 14.0 iirc

was built by the 172 conversion grand master wayne iirc! :D

i'd say go for it!

I think on that one that half the dials don't work. but we've sorted that now (all of mine work 100%)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
ran a 14.0 iirc

was built by the 172 conversion grand master wayne iirc! :D

i'd say go for it!

I think on that one that half the dials don't work. but we've sorted that now (all of mine work 100%)

You got my PM then lol!

14.0 thats good right? Do you have prior knowledge of the car then mate, anything elce you know about it...
And you say the dials dont work right.. could i sort this now you lot know how?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
Could you post the info off of there mate? As im not registered! Hmm does he know what hes on about then if he reckons its got a 182 mani, they hardly fit on a 172 neva mind this lol...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  '92 172, Lotus Elise
sure did :D

14.0 on a stock engine is pretty bloody impressive! (had interior and tools in the boot too if legends are to be believed ;))

the history that I know of is that wayne built it

it's been sold on a few times tbh, i know cliojohn1987 now has is and that 'dancliovalver' had it for a while too

I think it might even have had another owner too!

i dont think the oil dials work, but thats a case of refitting the mk1 sensor and wiring it up as normal.

the rev counter doesnt work, but theres a method to get it working using the 172 ecu output and a resistor. I think the ecu has an imobiliser emulator on it, but im not 100%

i think this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=0VKyuBSdE68

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  '92 172, Lotus Elise
also, this guy seems to have had it..

What starter are you using for the diesel box? I've just done the box on my 172 conv, put a 1.9D box on but the 16v starter wont engage it and the diesel one hits the manifold so cant get it on.....

Simon

P.s. some might recognise the car...

DSC00166.jpg

:D

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
I am a member on there i just remembered lol.. Thanks for the info mate... and feck me, that looks quick in the vid!!

EDIT... its running a 1.9d box from a clio :S wtf.... what box is yours running?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  '92 172, Lotus Elise
i've also got a 1.9D box, but its purely a personal preference for the miles i do

i'm not sure if that car still has that box or not...

mines still quick enough!

FLOL !!

Know your place ;)

Was a good turnout, Enjoyed the lil blast on the A21 too.... Matteh your Valver is rapid !! Noisy as fcuk too lol..

Sash = Wom = FACT

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M235i / 172
i've also got a 1.9D box, but its purely a personal preference for the miles i do

i'm not sure if that car still has that box or not...

mines still quick enough!

Longer gearing in the 1.9d box then im guessing, and surely its a bit stronger? :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  '92 172, Lotus Elise
not any stronger, though would most likely have had an easier life

longer ratios, yeh :)