ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin existing customer deals?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They wont offer it for £85 ffs. Still a saving if I accept it at £95. Tried to play hard ball with the sales team and they said ‘no problem, bye’. Now ive got to call them back and grovel for the £95 offer ffs.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
How are you people managing to cancel so easily? Virgin were amazing to me while I was a customer, constantly giving me much better deals every time I called, but when I tried to leave it took about 6 weeks of increasingly angry emails because the dickheads kept trying to charge me an early cancellation fee

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
You'd think they'd offer a long standing customer at least something

I never understand when companies do that

Retentions finally called...

They offered to double up the speed to 250 with Mixit Tv / landline for £25 lol. Which is £1 more than some of the other provider offers though a far far superior package.

Somehow £10 cheaper than I was paying before and probably cheaper than I have paid for 7 years! Result, though I did get a bit worried a week in after putting in a cancellation that I would have to go through with the hassle of moving to another provider.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Retentions finally called...

They offered to double up the speed to 250 with Mixit Tv / landline for £25 lol. Which is £1 more than some of the other provider offers though a far far superior package.

Somehow £10 cheaper than I was paying before and probably cheaper than I have paid for 7 years! Result, though I did get a bit worried a week in after putting in a cancellation that I would have to go through with the hassle of moving to another provider.
Result!

Does make me wonder why some of their advisors are such c***s though. I rang once, got through to a proper useless bag of s**t and then the second time I got someone who gave me the mix it package and 250mb for £36 a month. Makes no sense

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I only had internet from them, but it's gone from 30 quid to 66. The retention price was either 58 quid for 18 months, or 53 quid with an O2 sim which is no use to me for 18 months .

Bit w**k really. Ended up moving to BT, but just waiting for installation date now. w**k having no internet at home

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Should receive my hub for 1000mb today. Don’t really understand how it can be any quicker 🤣

0DEF6F44-540E-4A87-9C28-BD680775DEE3.png

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
After reading the above comments I was dreading phoning them, my contract expired last month.

I'm on the mix it bundle as we aren't big TV watchers, M125 fibre.

Was paying £46 a month, outside contract price was £66.50. Phoned the number posted by Jamie on the previous page for retentions, 2 minutes on hold and the first offer they came back with was £35 a month with next month's payment being £9, no playing hard ball required, nice and easy! Pleasantly surprised!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
If it helps. I’m internet only and was paying £37 and something pence a month for the 350mb internet. Phoned up and am now paying £37 a month exactly (so a small monthly reduction) for their 1gb download speed.
originally spoke to their Indian based team. Total waste of time but you’ve got to jump through the hoops. Got put through the the UK cancellation team and did much better.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
It's that time again. Contract up on 8th January.

It's all getting done over Whatsapp now which is better as it's using wi-fi on my desktop as opposed to hanging on the phone. They still ask questions such as :

1. Could you explain how many of you use Broadband and for what purpose? 2. What TV channels do you and your family like watching? 3. How is the telephone being used in the house hold?

I told them I can't tell them anything about what I watch or do as my job won't allow it. But my job does mean i've acquired a particular set of skills and if they cut me off halfway through, I will find them and when I do I will kill them. They didn't laugh :ROFLMAO:

And they don't like you to have just broadband on its own, which is all I need, so insist on you having their Mixit TV package and landline.

£59 for a new 18 mth contract. Seems good value, but I just don't need the TV and phone line.

The w*****s have had a monopoly on cable up in the North East for as long as I can remember. Same old story every 18 mths. I can't get decent Sky Broadband in my area either.

They will let you have broadband on its own if you insist though. Just waiting for a callback. 🤞

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
It's that time again. Contract up on 8th January.

It's all getting done over Whatsapp now which is better as it's using wi-fi on my desktop as opposed to hanging on the phone. They still ask questions such as :

1. Could you explain how many of you use Broadband and for what purpose? 2. What TV channels do you and your family like watching? 3. How is the telephone being used in the house hold?

I told them I can't tell them anything about what I watch or do as my job won't allow it. But my job does mean i've acquired a particular set of skills and if they cut me off halfway through, I will find them and when I do I will kill them. They didn't laugh :ROFLMAO:

And they don't like you to have just broadband on its own, which is all I need, so insist on you having their Mixit TV package and landline.

£59 for a new 18 mth contract. Seems good value, but I just don't need the TV and phone line.

The w*****s have had a monopoly on cable up in the North East for as long as I can remember. Same old story every 18 mths. I can't get decent Sky Broadband in my area either.

They will let you have broadband on its own if you insist though. Just waiting for a callback. 🤞
I told them I’ve got sky and that it’s much better! They instead pushed their mobile phone packages but wasn’t interested.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
If it helps. I’m internet only and was paying £37 and something pence a month for the 350mb internet. Phoned up and am now paying £37 a month exactly (so a small monthly reduction) for their 1gb download speed.
originally spoke to their Indian based team. Total waste of time but you’ve got to jump through the hoops. Got put through the the UK cancellation team and did much better.
Good to know. I was on their M350 package, but downgraded to M100 and found no difference at all.

I'll see what they offer me.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
So some people pay £37 for 1GB, my colleague in the office pays £31 for M350, but they can't offer me anything better than £34 for M125. Been with these guys since the NTL days. b******s.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
So after being quoted £34 for M125 broadband, and realising I had absolutely no other alternative if I wanted fibre, I called them back 3 days later.

I ended up in Calcutta again only this time they wanted £44 for M125. No amount of threatening to leave was going to change it, so I politely told them to piss off.

I then went into my virgin media portal and filed a complaint. The usual whinge about being a long-standing customer, blah, blah. It matters not, they don't give a s**t anyway.

2 days later I get an email from the complaints department telling me they were really sorry and they were going to offer me a resolution. Here's what they said - word for word.

Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Package ->Extra info on package and product

We hope this works for you.

That's it :ROFLMAO: Nothing! Oh and to call Calcutta on 0345 454 1111 using the reference number

Couldn't make it up.

So I got up this morning determined to get it sorted because after 8th January the price of my current package doubles.

This time I didn't follow their phone menu, instead, I requested technical help. Ended up in India again, who in turn put me through to a lovely Yorkshire lass.

I ended up with M125 broadband for £10.25 on a new 18-month contract.

Put the phone down, and did a little jig only to get a call from her 5 minutes later saying she'd cocked up and it was actually £30 for M125. Being an old softy I agreed. 3 minutes into the conversation she then said she was so embarrassed to tell me she'd cocked up again and it was actually £44 for M125 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At this point, I'm past caring. Just give me a deal, any deal. I ended up with M250 broadband for £26 which is pretty good.

What a fookin carry on.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Virgin the pisstaking b******s have decided that I will be paying an extra 21.50 a month for no f**king reason

Time to cancel and see what they try and offer me (or not, I'll just go back to internet only and expense it to work)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Tbh unless you've got a server at your house that people stream horrific amounts from then upload ain't that much of a problem. 50Mbps is sound enough
Not think the 910Mbps download AND upload would be better though?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not think the 910Mbps download AND upload would be better though?
Oh aye

Just depends how good the service is because a mate of mine went with Voda and didn't have proper internet for nearly 2 years. They gave him compensation for every day he didn't have it and provided a USB dongle SIM 😂

I mean he rinsed them for thousands so f**k it, go for it 😂

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
This is what my PC gets (wired) and I find downloading updates/uploading to YT pretty slow.

Screenshot (25).png

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ffs, I now have to choose which type of router I want?

Screenshot (26).png

Do I just get the normal one or the fancy new ultra with wifi 6E (whatever that means)

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just stick with the £35 a month one. For the £180 per year youd be spending you could outright buy a better router, stick the Voda one in modem mode and then buy ourself a booster too

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'd just stick with the £35 a month one. For the £180 per year youd be spending you could outright buy a better router, stick the Voda one in modem mode and then buy ourself a booster too
What advantage(s) would I get with the wifi 6E router?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
As above, the Vodafone service will be by Cityfibre no doubt, I had it in the last house and it was spot on.

f**k off the routers own WiFi, build your own mesh network and control your SSiD's. That way when you change providers you just plug in and it all still works and everything still connects.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Virgin have said my bills going up from 35 a month to 63

Then when looking at the new customer deal for same package it's 39 a month
(M350)

So what stops me cancelling amd starting again?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

(M350)

I think you or family member at your address need to have left for 12/18 months (don’t quote me on exact time) before they’ll class you as a new customer. I’ve tried this. B****ds have it well covered.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
300 quid bud??

Am I really going to get THAT much benefit from one of those?
That’s for a 3 pack but they do them as a single unit - £99. Tbh despite having 3 installed around the house, I only use 1 as I get coverage all over. I can’t emphasise how good these are though. They make the shittiest broadband seem unbelievable fast.

I’m on M250 at the moment but was on M125 when I bought them and it was streaming content from 3 TVs, multiple phones/iPads in different rooms all at the same time without a glitch.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

(M350)

Just ring up to cancel, they'll probably honour the price to get you to stay