ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin existing customer deals?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Was on the webchat with someone called "Dave" who I will assume is in one of the offshore call centres.. the best they've offered so far is still 9 quid more a month than I pay at the moment (and the guy just cut me off so I'll need to go through it again)

I'm gonna need to actually go through with cancelling aren't I to get a deal which isn't s**t..

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I keep getting the Indian f*****s ringing me

Sounds like the c**t is sat on the Afghanistan frontline with the amount of s**t going off in the background. I just hang up, no point in even trying to communicate with them because they read from a dogshit script and their head melts if they defer from it

Virgin has really gone downhill, rapidly

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I keep getting the Indian f*****s ringing me

Sounds like the c**t is sat on the Afghanistan frontline with the amount of s**t going off in the background. I just hang up, no point in even trying to communicate with them because they read from a dogshit script and their head melts if they defer from it

Virgin has really gone downhill, rapidly
they’ve got a monopoly on NTLs cable network in my area. I don’t have any choice other than to put up with their BS if I want decent broadband. Ofcom need to look into that. What irks me even more is the way they ponce around pretending to love everybody. They must hate their customers.

Rant over.

Night, night 😂

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I speak to cancellations every time my contract is up always uk always get a better deal to stay.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I dont understand why they cant make a change for consumers like they did with car insurance where you cant offer cheaper deals to new customers than you can existing customers.

Surely its better for the consumer as everyone gets a fair price
Its better for the companies as they don't need all the Indian call centres to deal with cancelations and renewals as people wont feel the need to cancel every 12 months.

My opinion on virgin media is rock bottom yet their product is fantastic, and that is purely based on the new customer shite and piss poor non existent customer service based exclusively on bills as the product has never required any customer service!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Weird one, virgin media (signed contract in November 2022) went up from £55 to £70. Turns out my deal was £85 per month with a £30 credit. The first lady couldnt explain the RPI applied onto the account aswell as the 3.9% increase VM applied. So turns out it was 13.4% (Total 17.3%) . Then the call dropped off.

So current situation was £100 - £30 Credit = £70
Called back for the second time, and the lady reduced it and honoured same contract I was on.

Dropped it back to the £55 with removal of a telephone package I don't use.

I was boggled and still am, how she kept me in the same contract but make it the same price. Either way, soon as its done. im off to anyone who supplies Gigabit Fibre. One year to go really.

Advise given is, call up virgin if your in contract see if they will honour their first contract you signed.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I called up yesterday, hence my rant above 😂
was paying £36 a month for 250Mb after price increases etc. Seen the new customer deal of 250Mb for £17 pm.

Went round the houses with them kicking off as the best solution they could offer me to my saying £36 is too expensive was a package with an 02 SIM and sky sports for about £60 🙄

Eventually after over an hour on the phone said just cancel it, I'll pay the £154 cancellation cost due to being mid contract.

They called back today and after 5 minutes had matched the £17 new customer deal for 250Mb

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I called up yesterday, hence my rant above 😂
was paying £36 a month for 250Mb after price increases etc. Seen the new customer deal of 250Mb for £17 pm.

Went round the houses with them kicking off as the best solution they could offer me to my saying £36 is too expensive was a package with an 02 SIM and sky sports for about £60 🙄

Eventually after over an hour on the phone said just cancel it, I'll pay the £154 cancellation cost due to being mid contract.

They called back today and after 5 minutes had matched the £17 new customer deal for 250Mb
Great win, however sky sports? They dont show Scottish League One football much ......

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Mine has gone from £29, to £36 to £58. The only thing I can do is "upgrade" to add TV in to take it back to £36. I don't want the fuckin TV, I don't even want the phone line, we don't have a phone socket. I simply want broadband.

No on hold for 15mins so far to try the discuss this.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Mine has gone from £29, to £36 to £58. The only thing I can do is "upgrade" to add TV in to take it back to £36. I don't want the fuckin TV, I don't even want the phone line, we don't have a phone socket. I simply want broadband.

No on hold for 15mins so far to try the discuss this.
1st Fail: The phone is via the broadband router. No socket required.
2nd Fail: Take the tv to reduce cost. If so of course.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
1st Fail: The phone is via the broadband router. No socket required.
2nd Fail: Take the tv to reduce cost. If so of course.

TV is on the other side of the room to the router. I don't want cables trailing everywhere, nor do I want any more channels to watch. I literally just want broadband

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You know you don't have to plug the TV box in, right?

Not arsed. I have a dodgy stick, I don't need their TV.

Managed to get them back down to £27 a month for 18m for broadband 👌 I'm happy enough with that

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Get sky stream instead

Get fucked instead. How is paying for sky cheaper than not paying for it?
So you tied back in? Silly. Id have pushed to get into same contract and then left at end of the contract. Proper Fibre to the house not FTTC.

I don't know the difference between fibre and FTTC, but I got them down to lower than what I was paying before, so I'm happy enough

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Get fucked instead. How is paying for sky cheaper than not paying for it?
Cos I'm paying similar for both TV and broadband than you're just paying for BB?

How is paying the same for less cheaper than paying the same for more?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
See, I didn't want to go Sky, purely on the basis I ripped the phone socket off the wall when decorating 😂 CBA f**king about with that.
I say I'm with sky, I will be with sky when it gets installed next week lol

Do they still use the phone line? Thought they used the same s**t as virgin now?
I'll find out next week I spose lol

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Depends on the install. But if you have fibre in the street. Go elsewhere.
Remember phonelines will disappear and become SOGEA lines in next 3ish years.
Analogue/DECT phones will be a thing of the past.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
didn't realise but we came off our 18 month VM deal last month. So this months bill jumped from 101 to 165, plus the 30 for the free O2 sim card, so yeah nearly £200 this month.

Rang them up and first guy (who came across as a proper knob) offered a reduced package for £114 a month. My existing package is £84 a month for new customers. So he was offering me a lesser package for £30 a month more.

got put through to cancellations who offered me my existing package for £79.....I'm sure she fucked up. Oh and she's credited back most of last months bill so next months bill will be pennies.

To cancel the unused free O2 sim that was part of my last package they've put me through to an Indian O2 call centre where I'm getting no where.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just given notice to cancel my 18 month at 24 quid for M200/250. Took an hr to do on the phone.

Apparently I should've been getting 200mbps or something, but I did one of those speed checker things, well did a couple to see if one was wrong and it was 8 mbps?!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Did you check that with a wired connection to the router? They won’t guarantee that speed wit Wi-Fi through 23 brick walls, for example.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Just given notice to cancel my 18 month at 24 quid for M200/250. Took an hr to do on the phone.

Apparently I should've been getting 200mbps or something, but I did one of those speed checker things, well did a couple to see if one was wrong and it was 8 mbps?!
Bin the high speed off, get the M125 and buy a couple of Wifi-6 routers like Eero 6+. I stream everywhere in the house, with multiple TVs on at once, and music in other rooms. Never an issue. It's their shitty hardware that's the problem.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Bin the high speed off, get the M125 and buy a couple of Wifi-6 routers like Eero 6+. I stream everywhere in the house, with multiple TVs on at once, and music in other rooms. Never an issue. It's their shitty hardware that's the problem.

I've jibbed Virgin, I usually get 12 or 18 month max contracts via quidco to get cashback, cos im a minge.

Was going to just get NOW Fibre. Should I get different routers to get more speed in the house? It's pretty turd

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I've jibbed Virgin, I usually get 12 or 18 month max contracts via quidco to get cashback, cos im a minge.

Was going to just get NOW Fibre. Should I get different routers to get more speed in the house? It's pretty turd
Ah, I see.

Those Eero mesh routers are amazing, so if I moved from Virgin, I'd definitely use them.

Although I understand some companies provide them, so wait and see what you get.