ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin existing customer deals?

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
This reminds me that I need to call the f*****s, broadband only bill has just gone up to £48

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Finally i‘ll be able to say “up yours” to Virgin as CityFibre have now installed new fibre optic cables in my area. It means I have a choice of 8 different providers. I can get 900MB for £29 with no set up fee. I’m currently paying £36 for 125MB.

Hopefully it’ll wake the chumps up and their prices will come down for everybody else, but after being stuck with them since 1998, and putting up with their shitty call centres, I’m proper done with them.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I had my brsk fibre installed last week. Gonna cancel and tell Virgin to f**k off on Tuesday

Their service hours aren't the best but the product and price is significantly better than anything virgin can offer

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
used the VM referral thingy for when my son took up VM at his new house last year.

Forgot all about it but then yesterday we both get an email from a company called Aklamio with a link to claim our referral reward. What a f**k about that is.

even after much googling I still don't know how the reward is paid, in my bank or into my VM account. I did find loads of people online moaning about the complexity of the whole process. Obviously done to discourage people from claiming the reward.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone renewed recently?

Have been offered the following for £93.. up from £78.

1GB internet
All Sky HD channels (sports and movies)
Netflix
x2 boxes
TNT sports

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I just left after 15+ years! For the 1st time ever the actual retentions team never called me after I put in the disconnection.

The original offer on the table was OK, but as my street just had BT fibre installed the list of suppliers offering better deals was endless.

The FTTH connection from BT was installed within 2 weeks, job done. All working as if I left left Virgin.

So relived I don't have the bull s**t haggling every year for a decent deal, bored of that!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines up to 48 quid now just for broadband
Think for the M350 package

Need to get haggling towards end of year

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I was offered M500 for £39, which I was told would be held until the end of the contract date a few weeks away. When I called to check my cancellation was going ahead as I decided I would go to another provided their renewal offer had already shot to £47.

Happy I left, Full Fibre 300 elsewhere for £29. Been on it for a week, no issues my end. Clearly not touching anywhere near 300, even on a wired connection. Apparently they only guarantee 160, but hey it works!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I re-signed last week via the website.

Was paying around £56 I think for M500, Mega TV (TNT Sports & Eurosport), telephone and an O2 sim over 18 months.

The new deal is £42 a month for the same, but with no mention of the O2 sim, as that is paid for separately direct to O2, so going to cancel that once everything has gone through.

We've never used the O2 sim, it was just cheaper to have it when we last signed up. So hopefully cancelling it doesn't affect the above.

I would have left to be honest, but it was the cheapest deal where i got TNT and Eurosport by a mile, and i wanted to keep watching the MotoGP, WSBK, and UFC.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I re-signed last week via the website.

Was paying around £56 I think for M500, Mega TV (TNT Sports & Eurosport), telephone and an O2 sim over 18 months.

The new deal is £42 a month for the same, but with no mention of the O2 sim, as that is paid for separately direct to O2, so going to cancel that once everything has gone through.

We've never used the O2 sim, it was just cheaper to have it when we last signed up. So hopefully cancelling it doesn't affect the above.

I would have left to be honest, but it was the cheapest deal where i got TNT and Eurosport by a mile, and i wanted to keep watching the MotoGP, WSBK, and UFC.

Mine includes that sim with O2 as well, never used it either 🤣