ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media... AGAIN

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right, posted a thread a few weeks ago about there internet being w4nk.

their excuse was that they are upgrading us to 10 meg so service will be intermittant. ok then fine.

we have been on the supposed ten meg for 3 days and its still crap, if not slower.

i have rang up and complain a number of times (each time been greeted by asian phone operators who can't quiet grasp the english language) and nothing has been done.

Dont really know what to do. it takes about 10seconds for it to load google ffs on 10 meg, during off peak usage.

when you get youtube up it just fails completely.

What can i do?

HELP :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
erm. yeh think it is, we have cable tv and were also on their phone service aswell...

All are pretty dismal tbf

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My cousin has had the same thing with them, his service is unusable. Infact they cut him off for a week and were adamant it was working. He's supposed to be on 10 meg and is lucky if it's reaching 1 meg - this whole saga has been going on for at least 6 months!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mate, check all the coaxial conections starting from the wall point.

I had one s**t one and it cut the connection speed to barely 1mb

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
VM is fine, my VIP is awesome.

Lack of SSN is annoying.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
all connexions and stuff are fine tom... VM seriously sucks.

Were in a contract though for a few month and cant ditch yet.

Surely they aren't meeting the contract they set though. just ran a test and im getting 1.4 meg

:dead:

ITB BG 182
Think yourself lucky, i am meant to be getting the 20meg service, ive done 3 different tests and they are all showing 8megs.
I called VM to ask why and they have said its the router that im using and need to get one that can handle 20megs or above. The one i have used to be used on a buisness connectiong at over 100megs, i have had the router checked an its fine.
Told VM this and they said it could be the computer, got an engineer come round to get the bsbb that it was the windows firewall stopping the connection (its not even f**king on).
Anyway long story short i complained so many times they gave me a % off each month.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
332779974.png

Bit slow tonight.

172 Cup
Not sure what to suggest mate.

Granted there's some very happy VM customers, maybe naive on what their ISP do with their details, but moving to DSL aside I'm not sure what you can do.

Thought of trying Be?

332397635.png

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
what are they like griff? im talking cost wise etc?

would it just be a case of cancelling VM internet and calling up Be?

172 Cup

What are they like?

Completely unlimited (unlike VM), no ports restrictions (unlike VM), no time/usage restrictions (unlike VM), they've not signed up to PHORM or have any intention to (unlike VM) and they have their own customer based support forum (unlike most ISP's)

Price wise - 8mbps is currently £8 per month until the end of 2008 and then £14 a month onwards. 24mbps (or upto) is £18 a month with a free static IP (avoids potential DHCP issues).

There's plenty of BE users on here who I guess will have positive things to say about them.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
my only issue is that my PC doesnt connect well to wireless networks always drops and i have to restart everything, can they install it to my pc through cables? But my tel line isnt close to my pc, atm im using my VM .

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What are they like?

Completely unlimited (unlike VM), no ports restrictions (unlike VM), no time/usage restrictions (unlike VM), they've not signed up to PHORM or have any intention to (unlike VM) and they have their own customer based support forum (unlike most ISP's)

Price wise - 8mbps is currently £8 per month until the end of 2008 and then £14 a month onwards. 24mbps (or upto) is £18 a month with a free static IP (avoids potential DHCP issues).

There's plenty of BE users on here who I guess will have positive things to say about them.

O2 broadband is BE too and a little cheaper

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
thanks Griff.

Im going to ring up again tomorrow and unleash the complaining and ask to speak to the manager. if they dont cough up i will look into BE.

EDIT:

SOoooo are 02 and BE the same?

172 Cup
What are they like?

O2 broadband is BE too and a little cheaper

O2 owns Be BUT it isn't Be. They both use the same LLU network but Be have their own separate identity and commercial plans for the future.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i had 02 at my flat and:

Customer services are BE and they rock (sent me an iplate for free)
Speeds are about 7down 3up
I pay £7.50pm
My box matches my mac.

172 Cup
i have 02 at my flat and:

Customer services are BE
Speeds are about 7down 3up
I pay £7.50pm
My box matches my mac.

Fail. ;)

Customer services are completely separate. Not linked in any way.

Edit - The 585v7 in white does look nice tbf..

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
£7.50 for 8 meg broadband. seems pretty reasonable.

Last question.

when they say 8 meg do they mean it or will i just be getting half a meg (VM)

tom&griff get a room ;) xxx

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dude, that cant be true.

this was about 6 months ago, the dude said he was from BE

172 Cup
Seriously. I speak to the Be support team on an almost daily basis. In fact they have my CV right now for something I'll not go into right now.

Apart from the network aside Be and O2, staff and support included, have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

172 Cup

Last question.

PM me your landline number and postcode mate.

Edit - We got a room once. I made Tom sleep on the top bunk but hid the ladder. He wasn't a happy bunny at all ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Last question.

PM me your landline number and postcode mate.

Edit - We got a room once. I made Tom sleep on the top bunk but hid the ladder. He wasn't a happy bunny at all ;)

FPMSL. Go team haha.

Poor Tom, i loved his SMALL tash at trax :eek:...

Griff, just sent you a Pm :)