ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media/Cable Broadband Help!

V6 PH1
Not sure if anyone on here knows but may as well try......

Basically got VM BB(cant be bothered to type it each time) downstairs connected to their wireless router and wired to a PC. Upstairs I also have VM but just the TV box and my Xbox 360. To go on live I usually take the modem upstairs and plug it in up there. As i am lazy(and to keep the wireless going ) I want a second modem upstairs. Have bought said modem but it doesnt seem to want to work.

Do VM let you run two modems?
Is there a way around this without going wireless on the 360?

Thanks if anyone can help

V6 PH1
thanks, there is that but it'd mean round the house. did that before moving the modem. I jst wondered if virgin media allow it? dont want to ring them incase they block it ever happening

182FF with cup packs
Do you mean modem or do you mean router?

The modem being the e thing that you plug the co-ax cable into. Router being the thing that you plug all your devices into and does the wireless.

You could use as many routers as you like, but probably only one modem, the modems are registered with virgins systems and will only connect if they are allowed to.

Audi TT 225
I would think you would need to have another account to have another modem, surely the modem you have is all registered with VM to work. The new Modem came from where? :) Is it a VM one? Either way IIRC you would have to register it with them to work. Maybe it's changed but this was how it was when it was BY

Clio 1.2Dynamique
Wireless is probably the simplest way of doing it. I shouldnt think you could run two modems seeing as you'd only have the one big black cable runing into the modem downstairs?

V6 PH1
it is a vm modem and thought i may have to ring them....damn. Was looking at a cheaper way than going wireless lol.

cheers for your help guys

Go cry to your momma!
If it's anything like ADSL, you can't have more than 1 modem on a line...

It's your end point, can't happen.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Are the modems not like the tv boxes, i.e you rent them, not own them? If so, I probably wouldn't tell VM you have acquired another of their modems. If I'm wrong though, carry on :D