ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Visit to Renault Sport Factory in Dieppe - 23/3/09

SchwepTek™
Right then guys n girls, I am in the process of organizing a trip to the RS factory in Dieppe, Belgium and need to find out how much interest there is for this as I have been given 10-15 spaces out of 40 for the trip in March. There are only 2 trips a year so not many people get to go.

Renault Sport Factory Visit Info

Your chance to visit the famous Alpine factory.

In the morning, you will have a tour of the assembly lines.

At midday, lunch will be served at the Amicale du Groupe Renault restaurant, situated close to the plant.

In the afternoon you can set off on the region’s smaller roads to discover some of the local tourist attractions, ending the day by meeting up again on the coast.

Schedule
09.00 - 09.30 : Participants welcomed
09.30 - 10.00 : Alpine and Renaultsport presentation
10.00 - 11.30 : Plant visit by groups of 25 (approximately)
11.30 - 12.00 : Transfer to the Amicale du Groupe Renault
12.00 - 14.00 : Lunch
14.00 - 16.00 : Optional road tour

Price
£45 per visitor (inclusive of lunch)

There are no refunds for cancellations.

Plant location
Alpine Renault Plant, Avenue de Bréauté, 76200 Dieppe, France.

Dieppe is 67 miles from Le Havre, 90 miles from Boulogne-sur-mer and 110 miles from Calais

Arrangements

Obviously, getting there will be up to you but as we will need to get there the night before, I can arrange hotel details and it would be nice to convoy to the factory as a club.

Please put your name down if you would like to come on the trip, i'm not sure what sort of interest this will get but if there are more than 15 names, I will allocate spaces on a first come, first serve basis. Once you put your name down, I will forward booking forms and payment details.

1. Schweppy

340i
Only 369miles away from my house :D LOL... Would really love to do this aswell!

I shall contemplate the idea.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
diesel power....366 miles...car share is a must i think

Last edited:
  Titanium Silver 182 FF
I would love to do this, would be the first real road trip for my car
How much do you think the hotel will be?
And the ferry/eurotunnel?

cheers

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
2. Riz

But if its Snowing etc i cant be arsed

Last edited:
  FF Blackgold 182
Right then guys n girls, I am in the process of organizing a trip to the RS factory in Dieppe, Belgium and need to find out how much interest there is for this as I have been given 10-15 spaces out of 40 for the trip in March. There are only 2 trips a year so not many people get to go...............................................

Plant location
Alpine Renault Plant, Avenue de Bréauté, 76200 Dieppe, France.

Dieppe is 67 miles from Le Havre, 90 miles from Boulogne-sur-mer and 110 miles from Calais

...before u go on this trip, it might be an idea to def make up ur mind as to where Dieppe is. ;) Last time I checked, it was in France. :rasp:

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
^^^^ you miserable sod....pull a sicky and come with...

who's eye balling my number 2 slot as well? the cheek lol

Brisol my lover..
Dont know what everyone else is planning but i will be leaving sunday morn for a crossing around 10-11 ish, get there as soon as pos and then a night out on the hammer.
Next day factory visit followed by night out on the hammer.
Up early ish tuesday for crossing around midday, drive home.
So far there is Two of us in 197's, ill fill you in on the times ect and tag along if you fancy it???
Has anyone stayed in that area??? any hotel ideas???

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
wouldnt mind some help with booking crossings etc with this one guys.. need a get together i think...

we did dover-boulogne

drove to dieppe, stayed in the ibis, i think

all went to a steak house on the sat which was brilliant, watched the F1 on sunday in hotel and drank, drank, drank. got down on the harbour sun nite was leathered, factory the next day and stayed in boulogne the last night before catching ferry on the monday

Brisol my lover..
Been checking the ferries seems Ducking long winded if you got direct to Dieppe from Eastbourne,Portsmouth,Dover ect, some are 4 hrs long and you have to be there 45 min before.
I would rather drive the 100 miles from calais and take the eurostar, the ferry crossing from dover to Callais takes around 2hrs and is £50 and the Eurostar if you book now is under £90 return.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
This sounds tempting..

Now its running, I might hop on the fast ferry from Newhaven - Dieppe.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
John, whos is the other 197?! :S

Just to confirm, I am NOT sitting in the back of your car. I'd rather walk.

LY R26
could be up for this, will need to sort out a bit of holiday at work, how long does a new passport take to come thru also lol

Brisol my lover..
Just been looking at Hotels found this one and its perfect for schweppy, check out the last facilitie.

About Hotel Crocus Dieppe Falaise hotel
This hotel is situated in a peaceful area, 5 minutes from central Dieppe, its beach and the port. Crocus offers free parking, free Wi-Fi, and rooms boast an LCD TV.

Breakfast at the Crocus Dieppe Falaise is a continental all-you-can-eat buffet.

Falaise’s modern and spacious rooms are all air conditioned and guests will enjoy a wide-range of satellite channels on their LCD TV.

Hotel Facilities
General
Family Rooms,
Luggage Storage,
Restaurant,
Garden,
Express Check-In/Check-Out,
Heating,
Non-Smoking Rooms,
Free Parking,
Terrace,
Pets Allowed,
Bar,
Parking,
Airconditioning,
Soundproofed Rooms,
Rooms/Facilities for Disabled Guests,
All Public and Private spaces non-smoking,
Newspapers,
Safety Deposit Box,
Gay Friendly.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looking forward to sniffing eachothers farts for 48 hours Jonathan??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well i just booked my time off, all depends if me mate (jester84) can get it sorted.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
will be booking time off next week, so we coming back on tuesday afternoon?

Titanium Silver 182 FF
I have work on tuesday so ill be coming back on monday nite, not that from from dover to shropshire, lol

Titanium Silver 182 FF
I think me and DrRollo will either stay in dover sunday nite and get an early ferry tunnel or find a hotel in france, altho my french is not very good, lol

200 Gordini
Also, might be interested in this, haven't had anything near to a holiday in a while!

If i get my cam + aux belts done before, i'm coming!... if you'll have me :eek: