ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vista ultimate winsxs folder

what can i do with it i have a pc that has a winsxs folder of 28gig !! i see people moaning that their is 4-6gig lol there isnt a huge ammount of software on the machine

2 copies of inventor suite + office

so can anyone explain it ?

Better than yours. C*nt.
You can't really get rid of it either. It's very, very helpful but if you are tight on space it can be very, very frustrating too.

we shouldnt be tight on space but it now only has 3gb left from a 137gb 15k sas disk left the pc is just always rattling away to its self filling up the disk but im not sure with what :S

Better than yours. C*nt.
we shouldnt be tight on space but it now only has 3gb left from a 137gb 15k sas disk left the pc is just always rattling away to its self filling up the disk but im not sure with what :S

Are the applications you've got on there prone to millions of small updates? As Vista doesn't keep the updated files, it keeps the updated 'component', which in laymans terms I think means the whole application if it's not careful.

Better than yours. C*nt.
s**t like the rest of Vista then? :)

No, a very good idea just with a couple of bad bits, like the rest of Vista then. I'm thankful for the fact I never have to go hunt out disks for stuff when it wants to update/downgrade/change/add features. If you enjoy it, then more fool you ;)

Are the applications you've got on there prone to millions of small updates? As Vista doesn't keep the updated files, it keeps the updated 'component', which in laymans terms I think means the whole application if it's not careful.

no not really only real software on there is Autodesk Inventor suite 2008 and 2010 and office granted the ais software is quite large but still 2 other machines built at the same time arnt randomly filling their hard disks

only looked at it for 5 mins before i left last night so will have a look this morning again and will most probably just stick the image back on