ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vlog - Putting oil in an R8 (warning, painful watch).

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've been told this guy earns a pretty decent packet doing videos on Youtube of him playing games.

I got linked this Vlog video, of him having trouble topping up his R8 with oil. It's quite a painful watch. Also worth skipping to the bit towards the end where he visits McLaren Ascot and shows off "Like, a million McLaren P1's"

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
what going on with his hair under that cap

hair_zps4bmodrn9.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mclaren Ascot is a great place to walk around. Had an f1 gtr in last time.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe he'd never opened the rear hatch before. Suppose that's the difference between car people and non car people.

Vloggin is serious business these days, plenty pulling in a £million a year +.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Genuine r****d. Quite a few of the dedicated car blogging guys have next to f**k all idea about cars (Supercars of London especially)
Oil completely wrong too (should be 10w60). I'm sure it'll be fine though (until he tops it up with enough of that and it just s***s itself)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Maybe I'm being thick as f**k but one min its a left hand drive and then a right hand drive.

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 20.44.21.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 20.44.55.png

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Crazy. Has anyone ever actually had to top up oil? I've had circa 9 cars, bit of everything ie Renault, BMW, Vauxhall etc.

I check the oil regularly and I've never had to top one of them up. Not even a dribble.

Both his Audis he's having to top them up? What does this say about how he uses them?

I'm jealous as f**k about his motor. He's a t**t and he's got the R8

Track 172 Cup
My dad's V10 doesn't use oil lol he gets it warm drives it like its supposed to be driven lets it cool obv this guy is an idiot.. trying to get my dad to take it on a track day lol but he wont yet.

RB 182 FF
He's definitely gay which is fine, but 2 mins and Id had enough of his stupid bloody voice. Must have rich parents, no way has he earned that money being the complete mong that he is..... surely.....?! And if he's earned that R8 himself, why haven't we all got one? It can't be that hard!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'll be honest, me sharing the video has only funded him more... But yeah I am a bit skeptical about how much he's made from Youtube, although I know it'll be quite a bit! Fair play to the guy, I just wonder how long it'll last.

As for the oil @Cribert. Clearly never owned a 3.0 BMW! haha.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
2 e39 5 series 530i
1 e46 m3

No oil was required in any of them. Both 5 series were over 100k miles

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
2 e39 5 series 530i
1 e46 m3

No oil was required in any of them. Both 5 series were over 100k miles

Are you sure you know how to check oil mate haha? That M52 is a thirsty engine for it. Mine drunk about half a liter every other month, and I was told that was a "Surprisingly low amount" by most BMW owners lol. But fair play I guess! Mine was on 130k+ (E46 330ci).

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Are you sure you know how to check oil mate haha? That M52 is a thirsty engine for it. Mine drunk about half a liter every other month, and I was told that was a "Surprisingly low amount" by most BMW owners lol. But fair play I guess! Mine was on 130k+ (E46 330ci).

Yep I know how to measure oil! My nan knows how to measure oil

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

I call bullshit too. It's well known they chew through about a litre every month/1000mls

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Ok so I'm just talking pants then? I seriously did not put a drop in either of them. No oil lights, checked them regularly. Both were 2003 BMW 530i champagne edition 2. Can't believe I have to even justify myself..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ok so I'm just talking pants then? I seriously did not put a drop in either of them. No oil lights, checked them regularly. Both were 2003 BMW 530i champagne edition 2. Can't believe I have to even justify myself..
I think people just have a hard time believing that you've never had to put any oil in any car. Ever. Ever ever. Not even a little drop.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's hard to believe, but I wont go as far as calling bullshit!

Anyway, I'm sure if you had to you'd be able to get the right oil. Especially if it was a V10 R8...

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I haven't needed to top up my oil in the few years I've had it because it has an oil change regularly so it's always full. But my 172 is no R8 or M3.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah I do oil changes every 6 months so maybe that was why.

Only time I ever put oil in a car was when I forgot to put the oil cap on after an oil change. What a bloody mess that made!

Abarth 595
He's definitely gay which is fine, but 2 mins and Id had enough of his stupid bloody voice. Must have rich parents, no way has he earned that money being the complete mong that he is..... surely.....?! And if he's earned that R8 himself, why haven't we all got one? It can't be that hard!!

As far as I know he's earned it all himself, he's massive on YouTube and is also sponsored by a load of companies. Its all down to being to half decent at cod and recording gameplays every day for years.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why do people have this obsession with having the peak of a baseball cap straight?? Does it score you cool points or something? No. It scores you c**t points.

I watched 15 seconds and his cap had offended me to much to continue.
Random. I'd say bending the peak was an odd thing to do. It comes out the factory straight for a reason. To keep as much sun out of your eyes as possible. You also look less like a paedophile.
What I don't get is when people have an obsession with wearing caps when it's not sunny and hot. But then you can see a few posts about he's follicley challenged.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
He made a fortune click baiting black ops 3 videos.. (Clearly he's been around for a long time, but that's how I found him) He would make a title and video overlay making out it was some new info or interesting..

No, it was 15 seconds of footage on loop for 5 minutes while he talked bs over it..

If you really want to be annoyed, watch some Tom Syndicate videos.. Just don't start watching while you have any sharp objects near you, suicide will be an option to stop the pain.