ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx'ed 182FF and New Wheels!!

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Had the coilovers fitted a week back now thanks to JMS:cool:. Much improved handling and not crashy..

At the same time saw some nice lightweight Ultraleggers come up for sale. Thanks Nick.

Here's a few quick snaps of the latest additions to the car! and the new badge.

4511838949_da6405196f_b.jpg

4512474984_0e3eacb7fb_b.jpg

4512477010_1bab8054bd_b.jpg

Titanium 182
Looks ace, needs lower at the back though. And I can't help but feel the wheels would look better in anthracite.

But don't want to piss on your parade as it looks very nice :D

LY R26
gorgeous!

can i ask something? see when you removed your old rs badge, was it just stuck on or is it like the clio badge and pinned on?

Darren

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Looks ace, needs lower at the back though. And I can't help but feel the wheels would look better in anthracite.

But don't want to piss on your parade as it looks very nice :D

Could be a bit lower at the back not had time to play with the settings yet only been on a week....

anthracite could be a option do need a re-spray at some point.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Is that right that you're running R888 front tyres with some normal road tyres on the back??

This!! Are you not slightly concerned that you have endless front grip & less on the rear? Could result in a rather large high speed corner based mess ...

Car looks good though :cool: i assume us Surrey lot will get to see it on Thurs?

Remember most of the weight is over the front wheels and most of the pressure when driving hard is over the front also, I never had a problem when I had them as long as your sensible. If there was a 50/50 split in weight then i'd run similar tyres front to rear.

Wheels look great Andy, silver definately looks better and stands out!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Remember most of the weight is over the front wheels and most of the pressure when driving hard is over the front also, I never had a problem when I had them as long as your sensible. If there was a 50/50 split in weight then i'd run similar tyres front to rear.

Wheels look great Andy, silver definately looks better and stands out!
Exactly, less weight over the rear, and less grippy tyres, potentially nasty.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
jenic said:
Thats what I was thinking, surely it would make sense to put the R888's on the back?
Then it would understeer. Too much grip imbalance IMO, r888's are massively grippier when hot. And massively worse when cold/wet.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Then it would understeer. Too much grip imbalance IMO, r888's are massively grippier when hot. And massively worse when cold/wet.

Still safer than oversteer surely?

Not that it matters since they wont last too long on the road anyway and cant see the OP replacing them with 888's at their current prices!

Fair enough, as said never had any problems when they were on my car. Its not like it turns it into a pig to drive, only when your on the absolute limit of the car or an idiot of a driver behind the wheel something may happen. Makes no odds anyway as Andy (the Op) has 2 more R888's that were included in the sale.

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Little up-date to make everyone happy Ive got PE2's up front now. Old 182 wheels have the R888's all round ready for hot days and track days.

When running the R888's never had any problems with them up front.

The ultra's are 16's and will be staying silver...

Will get some up-dated photos soooon.