ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 850 T5-R

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spec list is pretty big, I'm just not convinced about the colour - it looks like it used to be yellow but has faded plenty.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  182Turbo,DCi90
Spec list is pretty big, I'm just not convinced about the colour - it looks like it used to be yellow but has faded plenty.
Thats the standard colour , its like a faded yellow , called Tea Yellow. I quite like it. properly quick cars but getting on bit now, still wouldnt mind one for a few days.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG FF 182
That car is owned by rt mechanics and they have had a pretty bad reputation on some Volvo forums, not mot'd either they own a garage for f**k sake why not put an mot on it

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ah the infamous yellow peril.

Don't knock the saloons :D

They're lighter and a lot stiffer than the estate with a lower centre of gravity too. They make surprisingly good performance cars with a few mods.

I used to use Russ all the time to work on my T5 and never had a problem with him. Others had different experiences. This car unfortunately became a bit of a joke in the community because it was bigged up as the fastest road legal/daily use 854 in the country but had a lot of problems.

There was definitely a bit of a witch hunt against Russ, sadly he brought much of it on himself through a combination of bad legal advice and being a bit thin skinned.

But anyway, that car is very far from standard and the new owner needs to understand exactly what they'd be getting into especially since it's been stood for ages. Those AP brakes alone will run you a small fortune.