ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 850R

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just need to work out to get some kind of emblem on.

IMG_2600.JPG

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
New cambelt and water pump today as well as new coolant. £250 all in which I didn't think was too bad.

Tonight @craigyt and I try and tackle the oil leak again by replacing the PCV system. Fingers crossed it sorts it!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Need videos!

My old mans borrowing my brothers currently, he rang me last night and I could hear it every time he booted it in the motorway. He said its instantly smile inducing! Can't disagree!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The noise isn't as impressive as on the 940 but the re circ valve is blanked off on that. It certainly gives it a bit more of a 'woooosh' noise when tickling it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So, pcv system parts arrived in the post! Great service from parts for volvos.

IMG_2617.JPG

Few bits had to be removed to get to the pipe work - inlet manifold, injectors, rail, boost pipes and other vac hoses.

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

Pcv system or part of it at least!

IMG_2621.JPG

The upshot of all this was......

It still leaks so the pcv system wasn't the cause. Not the end of the world as it appears that it was never changed so it was probably due changing.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The leak does now appear to have been located now though. Pipes 7 and 3 are the suspects. £120 from Volvo.

Money pit.

IMG_2629.JPG

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Loving seeing an old 850 getting brought back to where it should be, happy days :)

I prefer the old grille too, but hey, it's your car so fill your boots. You definitely used to be able to get all sorts of stuff for the eggcrate grilles, but been a while since I've seen much around.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
That filter looked massive, then as soon as it was fitted into the chasm of the lolvo's engine room it's shrunk to the size of an ice cream cone, flol!!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Sell the other two, keep the 850. It's the best looking, has the best engine and is an appreciating classic in the making. The other two are just boxes that should be left in the 80s where they belong lol.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Wash that filthy mouth out of yours!!!!!!
They were turd in the 80's/90's but now they are oozing retro coolness!!

Each to their own lol. Drove a 740 to Italy through the Alps and a 940 turbo across a few great roads through Wales and Scotland. I would not want to repeat the experience lol.