ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales GB Rally

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I went twice in 2 years (2008/9) in a row but then stopped as the stages changed and weren't as good as they used to be :S

Might go this year though :)

Fiesta ST-3
I am going. I've not planned anything so anyone going who would like to meet up let me know. I'm going to get pictures.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Went years ago to watch this. Yeah you dont see loads but the atmosphere is epic and the noise the cars make is:approve:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Went years ago to watch this. Yeah you dont see loads but the atmosphere is epic and the noise the cars make is:approve:
I remember the old night stages!
Abosultey freezing cold in a forest, then comes a scooby roaring/banging past with the brakes and exhaust glowing lol.

Amazing!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Will be going but I'm not going the great orme as there's only 2 speccy points and if your not sleeping in a sleeping bag over night your not going to see jack sh**.. as the place will be rammed.

So il be heading to clocy parking the car on the side of the road and taking a lonely walk through the woods to a nice little spec where no one no's and il avoid pay entry fee and parking to.

Bonus of having my hands in the pockets of people that no. And also taking part in rallies in and around the area.

:D

Mondeo TDCI 130
Going this afternoon, five of us are off to Clocaenog, think the stage starts at 16.08, so should just be going dark! :)

Looking forward to it tbh, not been since 1995, Colins title winning year! :)

Andy and my cousin are following every day i think, there marshalling sunday, getting car's in order for stage line up at builth wells!

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Going this afternoon, five of us are off to Clocaenog, think the stage starts at 16.08, so should just be going dark! :)

Looking forward to it tbh, not been since 1995, Colins title winning year! :)

Andy and my cousin are following every day i think, there marshalling sunday, getting car's in order for stage line up at builth wells!

i maybe joining you tonight :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Going Sunday instead now but action from this afternoon and tonight can be viewed on S4C at half 9 and again at half 11 tonight even though you can't understand what they are saying lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Rally is better on tv imo.

It is in a way and it isn't as well lol
I like the day out watching and feeling of them go past with all the noise (that the cameras just can't catch properly), plus with the atmosphere it brings you can't knock a good rally day.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just got back now, amazing day overall and went to Myherin for the first run and then Sweet Lamb in the afternoon which was a pretty epic stage. You could see around 70% of the stage which included 3 BIG jumps with water splashes :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Had a good day friday, honestly, Hirvonen was on it past us, could tell he was 100% commited, made my night to be honest!! Spent 20 mins trying to get an evo out of the ditch but had to admit defeat!

Shame hirvoven went out like he did, and loed has crashed into a spectator's car on the road section this morning and is also out!

Look's like a win for latvala! Cousin is marshalling somewhere today!