ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales VS Big Chester Meet

So, not sure who knows, but the Big Chester Meet has been moved to the 24th.

This now clashes with the Black Mountains Wales Run.

I dunno about you lot, but I was going to do both....

Just wondering, who's doing what now?

Tom.

only one way to Find out!!!
Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Can't you do both Tom? Chester for an hour or so then on to the black mountains?

^^^Scrap that just seen where they both are on google lol

I have only done the chester meet before and tbf it was ok but the drive/convoy there was the best part imo! (A41 ftw) The black mountains look great and if i could make that date i would chose the black mountains...

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Haha I bet you will. ;) I've not been the Chester meet before so I'm swaying more towards that one at the minute

Chester is good as there's just so many cars, and being part of such a large convoy is immense, but at the same time if the weather is good then the Black Mountains would also be fun.

Tough choice for you guys!

If it was me, alone, I'd choose Chester - not having a "driver's" car... But if you have a Clio, then the Black Mountains will probably be more fun providing your manifold doesn't go.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
If it was me, alone, I'd choose Chester - not having a "driver's" car... But if you have a Clio, then the Black Mountains will probably be more fun providing your manifold doesn't go.

Come Chester we will be doing drive out sessions to Evo triangle and llanberis pass although it won't be in convoy just small groups

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
If you come to Chester I will send you on a drive that you will enjoy there's great driving roads right on are door step!

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Chester it is then at the minute. I will try and drag my scooby mate along, fuel permitting ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Noooo. A trophy did indeed smash into a cup (was it Jon.G's Trophy) ?

However earlier on in the day (the convoy there) I nearly had a separate incident with Ed's trophy. One that on reflection is funny ish but wouldn't have been if we'd actually crashed.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It seemed to be a day of trophy issues...Jesus's car spat oil over the front of my car. :(

BG182ff,explod Focus
Had been planning on doing Chester this weekend but last Sunday my Clio started making some rattling noises* and the engine stop warning light was on so it's off the road until I can get it sorted.

*on top of the usual knocks, bangs and rattles Renaults make

Yeah man. That why you're not going?

Nah got a few things to sort out

Had been planning on doing Chester this weekend but last Sunday my Clio started making some rattling noises* and the engine stop warning light was on so it's off the road until I can get it sorted.

*on top of the usual knocks, bangs and rattles Renaults make

Check your big red cable going to/from the alternator, mine popped off last week at the RRday and i had the same lights on the dash (actually come to think of it mine was the stop and battery light)

BG182ff,explod Focus
Check your big red cable going to/from the alternator, mine popped off last week at the RRday and i had the same lights on the dash (actually come to think of it mine was the stop and battery light)

The cables are all there and the aux belt is still attached but there is a nasty rattle and I'm only getting 11V at the battery with the engine running.
I fitted a new battery a few months ago so best guess is the alternator has had it.
It was fine driving home from the rolling road day and during a few hours playing on the back roads Sunday morning but when I left my parents house in the evening it went all Pete Tonge.

If anyone happens to be going from (or through) Stoke and wants a passenger then I'm your man :D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ad has gone...he text me this morning to say he was on his way down!! 'Kin nutter