ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning lights!!!

Clio Sport 197 Cup
Hi guys. I was hoping someone can shed some light on these warning lights.
It's the third time these have come on together at the same time in less than 3 months.
bc1d8eb7ee514874f3811de4713730e5.jpg

They came on whilst driving last night and stayed on. I started my car up this morning and they have disappeared again till next time.......
Anything to be worried about?

1.2 Campus Sport
Hello!

First of all this is a common issue. The warning lights you have are for the ABS and Service.
Although there is no certain answer, it could be a dodgy cable from your brake peddle to the ECU.
I suggest you get your Clio in for a service to check the ABS Sensors on the reluctor rings as that is also a common issue on these Clios. To answer your question, it could be simple or it could be complex.

Thanks,
Ross

Isn't that the stability light rather then the abs one?
I do know that strangely if your tracking is out by a long way it can cause this issue!

Best bet is get it on a decent diagnostics machine to find out the codes or your just stabbing in the dark

Search "resetting brake pedal switch" or similar.

You basically twist out the sensor beneath the brake pedal, unplug it then reset it by pulling the plunger out and clicking it back in.

Do that first then see if it comes back on.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I used to get ABS Serv & TC come on all the time,
so a few years ago I started pressing the ESP switch every time I turned the key,
never seen those lights come on since.

I guess you could call that a fix, of sorts.