ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Jet Motor

1.8 Civic EX
Mine apears to have packed up. The wipers move but no water is sprayed and there is no motor "noise".

Anyone got part numbers? Also is it easy to replace?

Cheers

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
you need to remove the wiper and then scuttle pannel to get to the bottle

i cant remove my wiper

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's not too bad to get at. As said above the wipers and scuttle panel need to come off to get it. It's located on the passengers side and sits on top of the washer reservoir.

I found pushing down with one hand on the wiper to flatten the arm completely while pulling nearer to the base with the other hand helps it to come off. Due to the spring loaded nature of the wipers they aren't on the threads straight and pushing down on them makes them straight. On the other hand yours might come off easily.

The scuttle panel is held on underneath with several white clips, these twist to undo, but you need to lift a little lever on them first; also by a few clips at either end which just pull out.

I've researched for myself and it looks like you can get a motor for under £20. Joshydee off here will do you one for £18 posted.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
replaced mine had to borrow my mates puller to get my wiper arems off.
10pounds from eurocarprts(trade price)

Ian

Focus TDCi
you got the ECP part number for that Ben? Couldn't find it when I had a look on there.

www.renparts.co.uk
before you do them (day before) remove the wiper nut (comes off easy) then spray wd40 down the side of the thread as they get corroded onto the toothed shaft. Tighten the nut back up then the next day when you come to remove them a bit of a wiggle with the nut removed should get them off. Some are easier than others.

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ok thanks :). Don't worry too much if you can't find it, there's one of their outlets near me in Trafford Park.