ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washig with Purified Water???

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've heard about people using purified water when washing their car!

Does wash the car with purified water mean that you don't have to dry the car as it dries streak free?

Also how do you purify the water :S

Sorry if these are stupid questions...:S

106 GTi
I rinse with filtered water which means no need to dry the car as it will not water spot as normal water will - meaning you can just let it dry. Most swirl marks are created during the drying stage. Cutting this out should help not mark the paintwork.

I use the Aquagleam In line water filter

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Your on about reverse osmosis water . We have a Reverse Osmosis unit at work . It basically purifies the water and removes all the chemicals added at the water treatment plant that can leave water spots on your car if you leave the water to dwell on the paintwork . But they are usually used on an industrial scale

You can get water filters that do the same , or you can buy RO water .

106 GTi
Yeap it is lazy, aswell as more paintwork safe and friendly due to no drying needed (well not really true - I still dry all the shuts, wheels, engine bay wheel arches and underbody), and means I can wash my black car in the sun without the risk of it streaking before I can even dry it anyway when rinsing with normal water, I don't bother with it on my Silver car though.

When washing the 182 properly takes me 2 hours as it is, the additional half an hour I can save not drying it is well worth it.